window leaking/seal problems...i guess

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by johnpd, Jan 15, 2007.

1. johnpd

johnpd Full Member

so i got some new speakers for christmas, polk db6500 components, and it is now mid-january and i still havent put them in, which means my door panels have been off that whole time and i havent been able to listen to music; and it starting to F**kin tick me off. but the reason i havent installed them is becuase my window leaks water into the inside of the door, it leaks at the spot the door meets the window on the bottom of the window; and i dont want to put my new speakers in and get them wet/runined.

ive tried taking it to a body shop and that didnt work out, they wanted to charge me like 120 bucks for a new window motor.
    ive ordered new seals where i think its leaking, but they arent even the right ones and they wont fit.
    and now i dont know what to do, has anyone had this kinda problem like im having? (by the way i have a 99 civic ex)
    please lend me some suggestions cause i dont know what to do, and i really want to put my speakers in.

thanks

2. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

polk speakers are marine grade speakers.. if they get a little wet it wont hurt them. The crossovers are not though so mount them by the kick panel and you should be fine.

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

your local honda dealer should be able to get you new seals or at least an auto parts store