Will this crazy idea work?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Civic96, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Right now Im shit outta money but I have to take care of this rattling in my trunk, its driving me nuts.

Will it be effective in any way if I put down a layer of some sort of thick towel/sponge/cloth over my trunk latch......the part that opens and closes.
    This ofcourse is not meant to be permanent by any means but I need something that will reduce ratling and hopefully raise SPL while im saving up.

Another thing, my rearview mirror is shaking apart. When I first got my system it was nice and sturdy but now it shakes and bakes like crazy and its very irritating. What can I do to take care of this?

Thanks

2. kennyg

kennyg Full Member

have you tried tightening the screw on your rearview?

3. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

There's a screw? LOL

I dnt think that will help since its the actual mirror shaking and not a loose connection. Ill give it a try though.......thanks

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

The First Step is to Isolate the Rattle

i.e Tail Lights, Plate, Lid

Then find out if any of these can be Tighted, or Secured...

As for the RearView Mirror, Take it Down, you dont need it, I have not had a Rear View mirror in over 3 years, dont miss it a bit

5. kennyg

kennyg Full Member

ya, but you can get a ticket for not having one, can't you?

6. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

I know many people who have used weather stripping to solve rattling problems.

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

no

not at all

most states only require ONE side Mirror,

Reaveiw mirrors are not even stock in all Vechiles, like Cargo Vans for instance

8. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

I think Ill keep the rear view but thanks anyways Mike......lol

9. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Rear view mirrors are over rated. Especially when the people behind you either
    A. Driving a Ford Explorer (or any other monsterous vehicle)
    B. Never turn their high beams off.

10. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

true but its pros far outweigh its cons..........and a car w/o a rear view might as well be called GhEtTo!

Straight up

11. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Hahahaha... :D

You are calling a car without a rear view mirror "ghetto" and you want to take a towel and wrap it around your trunk latch to keep it from rattling?
    You are right, "no rear view mirror" is downright uncivilized compared to your upper-class suburban elegant solution... :p

lol! :lol:

12. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

You are calling a car without a rear view mirror "ghetto" and you want to take a towel and wrap it around your trunk latch to keep it from rattling?
    You are right, "no rear view mirror" is downright uncivilized compared to your upper-class suburban elegant solution... :p

lol! :lol:[/b][/quote]
    LOL

my solution is on the inside of the car where no one can see it. Any idiot will notice that a car is missing the rear view but who will know that I have a towel in my trunk besides me?

Plus, the "elegant" towel solution is a mere attempt to temporarily get rid of these pesky rattles while my financial situation becomes more sturdy. L :D L

I drive an import and you must have a domestic to be able to get away with something that.....ummmmm........ingenious!

13. trifle

trifle Full Member

lol! :lol:[/b][/quote]
    LMAooooooooo, you are the man!