will this be any good? B15

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by sfh, Sep 17, 2003.

1. sfh

sfh New Member

about to get a Brahma 15 (hopefully the new one) :D B)

but im fed up tryin to calculate box`s for it...
    havent heard them so i have know idea how it will play...

---i came up with a 3.35cuft with 2x 4"rounds, 22.83"length, 31,4hz.....
    (dont ask why..but want those 2 ports...) :blink:
    ---and a 2.5cuft sealed........

could one of those box`s do me and the brahma any good...?
    amp is a class-d~2300@1ohm/800@4ohm, but no problem get another tho:)
    want sql..
    in the car there will be 5.1 and xbox and stuff so while watching movie the B15 must play well :)

really thankfully for any inputs :)
    (if they are any good tho :rolleyes: )

sfh. :bye:

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

4Hz? Nah... i suggest just sealing it if you are going to tune that low. I see you say that you want 2 4"round ports, but I can design a box with 2 4" tuned to 30Hz or so for you. My personal preferance is for slot ports (see my WWW link in my sig for my slot ported, inverted Brahma 12). Before designing the enclosure, I wonder if you have considered a slot port, and if so, why you decided against it. It is much easier to get the required port area in a slot port design ;) .

What kind of space do you have? Is there a particular reason you want to port it? A sealed B15 is monstrous enough (My B12 in the trunk of a Grand National hit 144.6 in .8 sealed... It was seeing 1700 WRMS) I couldn't fathom wanting to port a 15. I actually have a couple customers who went from ported to sealed on their B15s... Most were running 1500 or so to them. More often I recieve inquiries as to porting the 12s then the 15s.

3. sfh

sfh New Member

finally the answer i was looking for :D :D

i really wanted a sealed but every ju*k say `go ported` :angry:

i see that the ebp says its perfect for sealed.
    and cant have slot because of the install, woofer mounted behind/between two seats.. 3~4" distance.......
    the slot wont be able to breath because of the seats,
    but i could put/angle the rounds wherever i like it.... see..?

but now when you say it like this i will seal it :)
    its just so much easier because of the install :)
    using "sandwich" of mdf / fiberboard to the box, dont get that "plonk" out of the mdf...

but how many cuft on that sealed? any polyfill? f-3db?
    got a bmw E30, max, HxWxD: 16.14"x 36.22"x ?

thanks alot, you made my install and life so much easier :)

what wattage will the B15 handle in your suggested sealed....?

BTW:
    im a couple of days from becoming a dealer of adire myself.... just wanna do the showcar right on my release on the adire products :) :)

4. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Well, 1 thing I noticed with the supersubs is QTS (my personal preferance for determining enclosure type, over EBP) may as well be thrown out the window... My assumption is that the additional BL controll and extended motor strength (remember, the stronger the motor, the more we want it ported) really provide for woofer versatility that has never before been possible. While the QTS of the Brahma is truely borderline ported/sealed, the woofer behaves so confidently in both enclosure types as to lead one to believe the woofer was designed specifically for that application.

My suggestion is 2.75 feet before woofer displacement (roughly 2.5 after displacement) with 1400-1500 watts. While the QTC seems a bit high, you will suffer no ill effects, as I have had my B12 in .6 after displacement and was cool with it...

F3 is an unrealistic #. Many tout it as all important, but in car responce is not something we can determine accurately. Low frequency cabin gains can be affected by such simple little things as enclosure placement. I expect a roll-off to be at or below typical musical information anyways.

Congrats!!! Adire has really proven to be a fantastic company to deal with. I am pleased Dan elected to give me the dealership.