Will this amp work with these speakers?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by rcracer78, Jan 30, 2008.

1. rcracer78

rcracer78 Full Member

I have a 2000 GMC Yukon (new body style) and am looking to replace my factory system with a clean, well balanced aftermarket system. I am not looking to blow my ears off or the motorist next to me at a stop light. I just want something that will sound good for the various types of music I listen to in my vehicle. I've pretty much made the decision to go with JL Audio, since I did not get much feedback on my original post. I have always heard great things about them and didn't find much of a difference in the price range compared to others. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. I am still open to any suggestions. Anyway here is what I'm hoping will work:

head unit:
    Alpine CDA-9883

amplifier:
    JL Audio 300/4 amp(37.5 watts x 4 fr/rr doors 150 watts x1 to sub)

front doors 6.5 components:
    JL Audio VR650-CSi (15 - 100 watts per channel)

rear doors 6.5 coaxial:
    JL Audio VR650-CXi (15-100 watts per channel)

cargo space 10" sub sealed enclosure:
    JL Audio CS110RG-W1v2 (300 watt cont pwr handling)

What do you think? Am I missing anything? I havn't installed a system since 1998, so I am will keep an open mind to any suggestions.

Thanks. :)

-

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

Isnt The 300/4 A 75x4 Amp

3. rcracer78

rcracer78 Full Member

I think so. But can't I bridge 2 channels to 150 watts?

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i think you mean you want to run the front channels at 2 ohm stereo for more power.

why not get the 5ch version or another brands 5 ch amp.

5. rcracer78

rcracer78 Full Member

6. DMP

DMP Full Member

Youre missing the wiring. But I assume you already know this. lol Any idea what brand you wanna get? BTW, im pretty sure you will need a special harness for the radio to keep the factory door chimes and so the radio stays on until you open a door. You can bypass it, but then im pretty sure you will lose those features.

7. boomboomman

boomboomman Full Member

Sounds like a great system. Iwent with alpine 9885 though because it has 4volts pre-out from the rca jacks versus the alpine 9883 which only has 2volts, which should make the sound cleaner.