Who's that knockin on my door?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Civic96, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Ah yes the UPS guy, and what does he have in his hands?
    A BIG OLE BOX with an IDMAX in it! :D

Ok Im done celebrating, and I have a serious question to ask.

When I had my Comp Vrs the bass would muffle my speakers b/c they were running off my HU. I think I will have the same problem now, if not worse.
    Right now I have (what ever my signature says) in my doors and stock speakers in the back. Should I buy back speakers too and have an amp take care of all 4 or leave the back ones stock and send all the power to the front 2?

THE RMS is 60W on these speakers btw.....

Can you guys reccomend some amps too? I want to find a nice, fairly cheap amp thats 60W*4 (If Im gonna buy new back speakers) and 60W*2(?) if you suggest to keep the back ones stock.

Its hard for me to tell how good these Pioneer speakers are b/c they are being underpowered and distort when taken to loud vloumes b/c of the HUs shitty power.
    Should I stick with them? I dont want anything crazy I jsut want to make sure they will sound good

Edit: People have reccomended the CL-61A component set. Are the 6.5's better than the Pioneers I already have? If not I may just end up leaving the speakers and just getting a new amp

Thanks

2. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

I'll go out on a limb and say the CL components are better than the Pioneers you've got now. I thought they were very accurate, although the tweet might need a little work. They will more than likely sound better than the Pioneer's though.

As for an amp...why not talk to Seth about a Cadence amp? I remember looking into one one time and he had some pretty good prices on 4 channel amps.

3. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Seth I need either a q2000 or a q3000, these my pioneers take 60W RMS at 4 ohm and 225 Max. Ill buy and amp, have it installed, if it doesnt sound good then I will buy a comp set.

This means I can only run 4ohms to the speakers right? It doesnt work like subs where you bridge right?

4. trifle

trifle Full Member

dewd you can't have an idmax without comps to keep up....new comps time!

DIY!

5. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Will amping the doors do the trick? I mean keeping the 6.5's