Who says polly fill doesn't work?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by flawlesskid, Oct 18, 2002.

1. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

Well, after listening to my sub in its new home for almost a week now, i felt that i was having a standing wave problem. It seemed the sub stutter a bit for lack of a better word. Just didnt give a smooth response as it did in the old enclosure that had more depth to it. The depth due to the inverted setup ended up at about a little over 4". I feel thats the reason. Well, i went to walmart and bought 2 pounds of polyfill (i know, thats too much). When i got home i stuffed about maybe 3/4 of a pound in the box and put the sub back in. Went back to some songs that i had been listening to today, and i noticed the difference right off the bat. Sub played a lot smoother than it did before.

Now to the question.

Who thinks im out of my mind and there's no difference with the polyfill?

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Polyfil does work in some situations. It definately made a differance with the Shiva. I know of a couple people who tried it in verious enclosures with various woofers and they said it made an audible differance in some, but not every situation.

3. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

I used polyfill in my first boston pro enclosure, and it didnt make a difference to me. In this situation, it was audible. I just got in a pissing match with this guy on mIRC about this issue. THis asshole thinks his word is golden, and if he says its worthless, then its worthless. Some fags make me want to slap the taste from their lil sweet mouths.

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

there is alot of that Floating around......