which speakers, inside with windows up?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by rcracer78, Jan 28, 2008.

1. rcracer78

rcracer78 Full Member

I have a 2000 GMC Yukon, with a factory setup. (not Bose) My CD player finally died, so i upgraded to an Alpine CDA-9883 head unit as a replacement.

Will my factory speakers be ok with the head unit for now?

I would like sugestions for an aftermarket amplifier and speaker replacements. I am not concerned how the system will sound from the outside, just the inside with the windows closed. I listen to pretty much everything and would like something with a good high, mid and low range.

I would like to keep the original factory speaker placement and size, which calls for:

front door 6.5 componets
    rear door 6.5 coaxial
    rear factory sub enclosure 8" or 10". (i'm not sure)

-

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

you are right, your factory specs call for 6.5's. I would suggest going with components in the front and coaxial in the rears. There are many brands that are good out there.
    Just give us your budget for the for your front speakers, rear speakers, amp and sub. And we can work on it from there.

3. rcracer78

rcracer78 Full Member

I would like to stay under $1000.

I was thinking:

front 6.5 componets- JL Audio VR650-CSi $195.76 cph 60w
    rear 6.5 coaxials- JL Audio VR650-CXi $132.78 cph 60w
    10" subwoofer enclosure- JL Audio CP110G-W1v2 $239.99 cph of 300w
    300 watt 4-ch amplifier-JL Audio 300/4v2 $420.39

similar to SYSTEM #4 on this page:
    JL Audio: Amplifiers Tutorials

what do you think?

-

4. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

Question: Cant he build a better system than that for a $1000!

5. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

nothing against jl at all i just think they r really exspensive

6. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

I agree with jonny, there is better than JL, Take a look at OZ Audio and FOCAL speakers, they hanlde quite a bit of power and they sound AWESOME, Take a look at OZ AUDIO matrix elite subs. just something for you to think about.

7. rcracer78

rcracer78 Full Member

Thank you for your responses. Any other suggestions?

Links perhaps?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  8. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

fstrfvo said it. Focal are supposed to be very good speakers. You may also want to take a look at dynaudio. They are right up there with focal.

With amps, you could take a look a elemental designs or sundown. they are very good amps. aznboi uses elemental designs and says they are great.

With JL audio you are paying a lot just because of the name, they are good amps but there are better amps out there.

9. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

like i always say, lets not forget about polk people!

10. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

yes polk is a good sounding speaker for the money.