Where to shop online?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by kmagyar, Jun 10, 2006.

1. kmagyar

kmagyar Full Member

Anyone care to share their preferences for car audio HW retailers? I only know crutchfield and ebay but they both seem to have drawbacks. I am specifically looking for Polk or JL stuff.

Keith

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

just do a search on google for car audio or polk car audio or jl car audio and you'll get plent of websites.

There's A LOT of websites...its all about preference....but watch out cuz some sites aren't authorized dealers and the warranties are voided.

3. sinistercory

sinistercory Full Member

especially JL. Check out the JL website, they strictly forbid internet sales and will not under any circumstance help out someone who bought from there.
    What JL stuff are you looking for?

4. kmagyar

kmagyar Full Member

5. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

it says brand new sealed with warranty

6. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

One thing that you'll run into is that there is not very good warranty support when you buy from any online store. Find a reputable local audio shop near you, and if you can't, and you still want to buy online, then pay very close attention to the online store's personal warranty (not manufacturers- since most mfct's won't honor online purchases) some online stores have great "in-store" warranties.
    If you have to buy from ebay, then be sure to only deal with reputable sellers (97%) pos feedback or higher, and power sellers are usually easy to trust, I have had good luck online, but Im one of the lucky ones, and I'm careful about who I buy from, and what products I will purchase.
    Good luck

(ps.. was that okay, fella's- I can hear the rulers tapping):)

7. sinistercory

sinistercory Full Member

I think it speaks to the fall in quality of a product when they make it to the pages of crutchfield. Remember what happened to Rockford:(

8. jibberjive

jibberjive New Member

Like they all said, JL is really anal about internet sales, so don't expect any warranty support for internet bought equipment. That shouldn't necessarily stop you from buying though because it can be had at a fraction of the price many times, making it worth it. You've just got to weigh it for yourself. BTW, is there something to your name? You hungarian? Esetleg beszelsz magyarul?

9. kmagyar

kmagyar Full Member

Yes, I am Hungarian. No speaka da language though. It's a shame. I am looking at boston acoustics, specifically the pro60 components. They are 599.00 at crutchfield and 270.00 on ebay! I dont expect support but I am expecting a new working product. I am assuming a seller such as twelvekings has a good rep judjing by his good feedback.

Keith

10. ramos

ramos Full Member

I don't follow the logic. What's wrong with crutchfield ? Been around for ages. Granted prices are a little steap . But they back everything they sell, and carry products used by world champions. :)