Where to set my gains?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Civic96, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

I have received my KnuKonceptz wiring kit which only means one thing; the day for installing my sytem is near and eminent. I will be running 2 Comp Vrs with an RMS of 300w each. I, however, have a 800W cadence amp and will therefore need to set my gains in a way which will not overstrain or blowout my subs. Having ver little "hands on" knowledge, I personally do not know how to set the gains on the amp.
    Can you guys tell me what to set my settings to?
    I doubt the installers at CC will do it right.....lol

2. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

There are alot of ways to set your gains. The textbook way is to set your volume at about 3/4 to max. Before doing that, turn the gain on your sub amp to zero. Slowly start to turn the gain up until you hear a little distortion, then back off just a bit. Setting it like this usually leaves too much bass for me personally, so i keep mine below that level. If you turn your gain up any higher than...say 1/2 to 3/4, be cautious. I've found some amps will send a bit of distortion even with the gains at half.

3. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

I think on the Cadence amps the lowest setting labled is 500mV. Just in case you need to know Civic. B)