Where to buy a new faceplate?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by kennyg, Jan 14, 2003.

1. kennyg

kennyg Full Member

My friend got out of his carf and dropped his faceplate off his lap on the ground and stepped on it, and totally destroyed it. Is there anywhere to get another faceplate for cheap, other than tryin to steal one, or is he stuck with havin to buy a new deck? Thanks.

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

what hu? i have a sony lain around.

3. kennyg

kennyg Full Member

sorry, kenwood 319.

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

5. 1967cutlass

1967cutlass Guest

faces get worn out and stolen all the time...... they should have replacements ready

6. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I have never had a Face "waearout" if you wearing a face out then your keeping the radio too long

And the point of the Removable face is the Deter Theft, if they are Inexpensive to replace, and easly attaniable, what is the point of having them removable?

7. Slump_Da_Hustla

Slump_Da_Hustla Full Member

I have never had a Face "waearout" if you wearing a face out then your keeping the radio too long

And the point of the Removable face is the Deter Theft, if they are Inexpensive to replace, and easly attaniable, what is the point of having them removable?[/b][/quote]
    Good point...

8. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

Good point...[/b][/quote]
    I think the point is actually that when you remove the face, nobody knows what unit you have... Faceplate replacement cost is outrageous... I think when you buy a nice unit, it should come with an extra faceplate... Faceplates are like motorcycles, sooner or later they all get dropped... :p

9. djoye

djoye Guest

10. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

It's a good thing they are expensive!

If I spent $400 on a head unit, and faithfully detached that thing and carried it with me like it was a planner or something...

But any thief out there new that they could get a replacement faceplate for cheap, it wouldn't really discourage the theft of the head unit, would it?

Be glad...

Consider it your 'friend's' opportunity to move on to a new head unit.. or explore the huge market that is 'used for sale' head units! :p

11. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

hey no fair, I already said pac parts, quite taking my sources :p

and Yes a NEW face platew costs about 75-80% of the units value...