What Rock Songs REALLY SLAM!??

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Audio Nut, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Audio Nut

Audio Nut Full Member

we all know that just about every rap song played at a high enuff volume will get people to stare in amazement...and rattle your insides at the same time...but when it comes to rock...its hard to find songs that'll 'beat your subs to death'...so far ive found

Saliva-Click Click Boom
    Metallica- Dyers Eve
    Godsmack- I Fucking Hate You
    Godsmack- Awake
    Maraliyn Manson-Song Off Of The Queen Of The Damned Soundtrack
    No Doubt- Ex Girlfriend(at the wierd parts)
    Linkin Park- (most of the Reanimation album)
    Disturbed- Believe(album) #'s 2, 6, and 8
    Evanescence- Fallin(think thats the name of new single)
    Drowning Pool- Tear Away
    Disturbed- Down With The Sickness

2. squatchie

squatchie Full Member

Heres one that slams (in my setup anyways)

Manson - Last Tour on Earth - 12 - Irresponsible Hate Anthem
    Linkin Park - 04 - Lying From You

:ph34r:

3. chadillac3

chadillac3 Full Member

Why not the loudest song, Chevelle "The Red" gets nice and loud, but still sounds very good.

4. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

Are you talking about subs wise?

Just about all pantera has a hardcore loud kick drum.
    Primus -My name is Mud, or Jerry was a racecar driver
    Boy Sets fire-After the Eulogy
    Deftones -Engine #9
    Slipknot-Eyeless

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Tool... The Undertow album is crushing.

Pantera, almost all of theirs

Metallica, And Justice...

6. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

I went to a Pantera concert 5-6 years ago and the bass was so loud and heavy, I could feel the beer in my stomach swishing back and forth. It put any "rap" bass to shame. In fact, they have this humungous drum "thing" that's like 6' in diameter and the dude just bangs the hell out of it. I definitely lost hearing at that concert. I had ringing in my ears for 2 days.

Primus' bass is also in your face. For some songs, it goes a little overboard/thick, though. Godsmack and Fear Factory have some wicked bass, but their music is kind of repetitive. "One" by Metallica kick ass. Staind and Korn both have good bass in all their music. As far as Tool is concerned, not only is the bass good, but their music is good for showing off all aspects of your system. I forgot the name of the track, but song 7 on AFI's newest CD has very nice bass, highlighted at about the 1 minute mark. Older Chili Peppers has some funky arse bass, too. And one of my favorite bands of all time, NOFX, has surprisingly good bass on their "Punk in Drublic" CD. It's also an album of pure punk genius.

7. trifle

trifle Full Member

dude, pure..punk...and genius...don't belong in the same phrase

8. squatchie

squatchie Full Member

so what your saying is this: i went to a heavy metal concert and it was loud.

jesus christ man, really? you mean all those black columns on the stage are 18" subs? It is somewhat difficult to reproduce that in your car with a few speakers

9. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

Blasphemy! I hope your not part of the "new" generation that associates Blink, NFG, and Fenix TXs' brand of punk with legends like Social D, Bad Religion, Minor Threat, The Descendents, NOFX, Pistols, the Vandals, Black Flag, Dead Kennedy's, the Misfits, or even Pennywise. Most new "punk" is just pop rock with a punk label attached. Die your hair black and wear a Ramones T-shirt and you can now be called punk...if you have to make it a point to mention that you're punk, then you are not punk.

Squatchie, dude, I've been to more concerts than most people. No, it wasn't like I was in awe with the sheer volume compared to other less "loud" concerts. The Pantera concert was just louder than any other rock/metal concert I've been to...by a loooong shot. I was merely mentioning that...Metallica, Korn, Disturbed, Fear Factory, Deftones, and the 5 million punk shows I've been to, aren't even close when it comes to the overpowering SPL produced of a Pantera concert. If you ever go to one of their concerts, I highly suggest wearing some earplugs. You actually feel the bass in your bones.

10. squatchie

squatchie Full Member

ive seen pantera 3 tiems...2 outdoors and the one indoors was just how it should be. i dont like to hear the music, i like to feel it. some pantera-zombie in...92 or so was one the best ive been to, was in the same spot for that (in the pit or front row), metallica circa their load-o-bullshit tour and zombie/ozzy mayhem. The one indoors was in a small venue, so you caught the bass off the back wall too and it just slammed

11. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

hehehehe... I saw them on that tour too. I got to meet the band as a friend of mine knew Vinnie Paul. I saw more coke going up Phil's nose that night than any other I could remember... and I saw alot of blow flow up peoples noses in my past...

Great show, killer band... Their music is killer loud and agressive kickdrums surrounded by mean complex bass. Makes a good system shine, I assure you

12. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

Blasphemy! I hope your not part of the "new" generation that associates Blink, NFG, and Fenix TXs' brand of punk with legends like Social D, Bad Religion, Minor Threat, The Descendents, NOFX, Pistols, the Vandals, Black Flag, Dead Kennedy's, the Misfits, or even Pennywise. Most new "punk" is just pop rock with a punk label attached. Die your hair black and wear a Ramones T-shirt and you can now be called punk...if you have to make it a point to mention that you're punk, then you are not punk.

[/b][/quote]
    wow.... those are some good bands....

I agree... punk in drublic=good. I am a big fan of "so long and thanks for all the shoes" as well.

13. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I just got the new Linkin Park METEORA Album, it is pretty good..