what I saw today

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by fstrfvo, Oct 5, 2009.

1. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

I went to one of the local car audio shops today to look for some speakers for my car. The guy from the install bay called for the sales guy that I was talking to to come and help them, so of course I followed along. There was 3 guys trying to drop this huge sub into this big a@@ box, well it was big for a 15. I said what kind of sub is that, the guy handed me the instruction booklet, it was an Earthquake Holee s-15 15000 watts peak, 7000 watts rms per coil, 4 inch excursion, 112 lbs. I said damn how many amps does he have pushing this?? He said 1 bass amp, a Kicker Warhorse "w" something something. I had never even heard of it before moreless seen one. I asked if I could see it, damn thats one big amp. At least 3 feet accross. For the box they had 2 layers of 1 inch mdf glued together. It took 5 guys to lift this box into the Suburban, 5 guys!!!!! I was getting a hard on! So 10 minutes later they had it bolted down and hooked up. They put Danity Kane in the CD and played Showstopper, WOW I jizzed in my pants. After 5 minutes they put in earplugs and really CRANKED it, WOW I had to leave the install bay. I cant even imagine what it would be like to be inside the truck with the windows rolled up. Sorry about this being so long but I just had to share my erotic experience with you all. Has anyone seen these products before?

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Damn! only one sub? i got a friend with a soundstream xxx15,000D amp off of 8 12' DD subs. it hella loud but i can handle it.

I've also seen some really heavy SPL set ups with Pedro. I could handle them too. that must have been really loud.. what kind of numbers do ya think it could do?

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i saw one once too. its huge. ive sat in car with way more power and subs but to have one sub take that is impressive.

was it a fart box or did it actually sound good on music?

4. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

No fart box, it was vented and it was big. Dont know how wide a suburban is but it barely fit in there width wise and maybe a foot left at the rear door. It sounded good until they cranked it and the sub just overwhelmed everything else. But it impressed me for one sub and amp setup, they were some big mofos. You guys go to shows so you probably would not be impressed cause you guys listen to multiple woofers and amps all the time. But for sure you will know this guy is coming 10 minutes before he gets there.

5. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Yea Pedro thats thew sub amp he had, I never knew Kicker made something that big. You guys can handle it cause you mofos are DEAF. :lol:

6. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

lol. not me lmao