what do you think of this

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Sep 16, 2003.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

[​IMG]New logo I created, Good, Bad Ugly?

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Sexy woofer, Sexy car, sexy overall ;)

3. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Very nice, but make sure you run a spellcheck on it before you put it up :)....addiction.

4. sfh

sfh New Member

car......
    offer......
    text.....

but.....

wheres the babe.....? :ranting:

5. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

seems like there's a lot of dead space... like above the car...

I think it needs to be livened up

6. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

I agree with Seth. I also relly like the saying. It really does fit. B)

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

how about this

The Blue shaded are "might" be used for banner ads, I have not decided if I want to place them in or not

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Nah, I like the first one better. The overlapping of the amp and car looks like you are trying to jam too much in there. Maybe center the car with the banner. or...

[​IMG] or this[​IMG] (I can easily eliminate the blend in the corner to all black...

try this in the corner ;)

9. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

alright seth

how about this

10. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Get that POS car outta there!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

11. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

My favorite still is the first one. I think you should leave it with a sub on one side, and a car on the other. The squiggly line seems to be pulling them into eachother, which really works. But if you add other stuff in there, that is lost. And it get's too busy. If you want to add something else, make it very small and maybe positioned over the car, but a very vivid color.

I have taken art classes most of my school career. One thing I have learned is positioning. You want to position things by taking the onlooker on a journey. You want them to look and see certain things, then see something else, then see something else. This keeps them looking at your "art" for longer, investing more time. Then they will like it better. But if they can see everything with one quick look, then they won't like it as much.

Here's an example:
    [​IMG]

This is a painting I did in college. As you can see, things are placed to take your attention in different directions. And the very last thing you will see is that stapler on the very top. It is hanging off the picture, so it is of no importance. But it is bright blue to catch your eye, so eventually you will look at it.

12. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

Strong points Kephart..

I like what you're doing with the first one overall Mike, but spacing and positioning is the key to getting it right..

BTW, please keep that POS bucket out of there.. AKA seths car..

13. systempimp_1500

systempimp_1500 Full Member

Seth....

How much power are you pushing out of your Grand National? What mods?

It's sexy......

Do you have 1/4 mile and 0-60 times?

Jeff

14. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Thanks!!!

[​IMG]

K&N 9 inch cone air filter.
    Kirban Mass Air pipe.
    Turbonetics Turbo.
    Mechanical, adjustable wastegate.
    Turbo TA streatched intercooler (Duttwieler inlet modification) with aux cooling fan.
    Worked, ported intake.
    45# injectors.
    Ported and polished heads
    HD springs
    Stainless valves
    1.6 rockers on solid shafts
    350 Chevy lifters
    Mild Comp Cams Cam
    .030 over 8.5:1 TRW Slugs
    Race crank
    2.5 in Kirban Downpipe
    Hooker Cat Back Exhaust with ATR stainless racing mufflers
    Worked Chips (1 stock, 1 street, 1 strip).
    Magnecore R-100 10 MM "Racing Wires"
    2700 Stall converter
    Art Carr Strip Transmission
    .373 rear gears
    WE6 wheels to save weight,
    Eurothane front end Bushings,
    Hotchkiss trailing Arms,
    TRW progressive rate rear springs

I have more done to it, but those are the pertinant details...

0-60 in a hair over 4
    1/4s in 11.84@118 MPH
    It now houses a few hundred pounds of stereo and I assure you it's times are not quite as good. Also, for every day driving I run my boost at 18PSI, for the track (and it has been almost 6 years since I raced it) I run 24PSI.

At the rear wheels on the in ground dyno I push ~475 horses and I buried the dyno at 525 Lb Ft of torque.

15. systempimp_1500

systempimp_1500 Full Member

I think my respect for you just went up about 200% :p

Jeff

16. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

thats it? Man My T-bird does that and it need a tune up :D

17. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I know... Crappy ass GM V6 :unsure:

18. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I like this Mike... As far as using my car, that's your call, but the McLaren F1 is easily 1 million times better than my little piece of shit ;) .

What I mean about liking this is, lose the GN on the left first. But see how the GN on the right fills as much gap as the sub on the right? Notice there is no top or bottom bias in the picture too. Make the sub a bit bigger and more centered. The car's central point should be at the same central point as the sub... but there isn't so much on the right side so as to seem "crowded" like there was with the car and amp. Also, I am more about items on the same plane. I know some like to offset, but I personally find that messy, thrown together. Like Steven said, there is enough in the picture to make one look a bit longer, to keep them there... But there isn't so much as to make it overcrowded (If you dump the car on the left). It is simple and straightforward... Cars, Audio, all in 1.

19. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

C'mon... you've seen my car before haven't you? I got a few websites of it I can give ya if you want more story and background on it...

20. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

ok Try This one