What do you guys think of Eclipse components??

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by 98LowRanger, Nov 29, 2002.

1. 98LowRanger

98LowRanger Full Member

Ok I got a real good deal on some barely used Eclipse 8053 5 1/2 component set (5 1/2 mids, tweets, and xovers). So I am am going to run them until I am ready for my PG Titanium Elite 9" 3-way component set. Anyway, I heard they are pretty nice, but what have you guys heard/thought about them?

Mark

2. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

The sets i've heard were decent.

3. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

I dont really care for their comps. but if you got a good deal on then them then i say sounds good...esp. if your only using them till you upgrade (how long will that take?)

4. 98LowRanger

98LowRanger Full Member

Yea the set I got retails for a little over $300 which doesn't mean much I guess, but I hope it sounds descent. This is DEFINITELY temporary. I am just really tired of riding around with just 2 Kenwood eXcelon 6x8s so the Eclipse comps will hold me over till summer when I can afford the PG Titanium Elite 9" 3-way Component set. I expected a little better responses about them, but oh well it should be good enough for me for a few months.

Mark

5. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

If they aren't cheaper than the Crystals...get the Crystals...i guess you already knew that though.

6. 98LowRanger

98LowRanger Full Member

Heh totally fogot about the Crystals. They did sound good, but the deal I am getting is cheaper then the Crystals. How are the Rainbows holding up Chris?

Mark

7. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

Heh totally fogot about the Crystals. They did sound good, but the deal I am getting is cheaper then the Crystals. How are the Rainbows holding up Chris?

Mark[/b][/quote]
    Which Chris....me? :D

I got the utopias instead of the rainbows....

8. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

B) I'd be Chris too. And they're holding up quite well, you should consider some :).