what could cause this?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_spacemonkey, Dec 7, 2002.

1. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

I shipped some subs(12W3's) to somebody and they worked perfectly until the day before I shipped them when I took them out. He got them and says 75 watts is enough to bottom one of them out now. What could have happened in shipping that could do that?? That would be somehow making them more efficient and I dont understand what it could cause that.

Thanks guys for any replies.

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

box size

or bad box in general

or he is playing them free air

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

yep

4. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

thats what I thought. I sold them to chuni from CAF and he's all pissed. He says he put them in a box and couldnt even get 75 watts into one before it bottomed and about 200 watts before the other one did.

Thanks guys for the replies

5. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Maybe his amp is shot?

6. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

well I would guess the Box is Very Poorly Made, since one Went to 200 and the other to

and Welcome to my World, the World of online sales :D

7. Alan

Alan Full Member

the guy sounds like an idiot to me after reading about how he likes to piss people off over on CAF..... Man, and people used to get pissed at me for a little ribbing....... now look. I can't even get over there anymore at work due to new firewall, but its still pretty ridiculous. I agree with mike, nothing in shipping can do that to a sub that wouldn't be visually obvious.