What connect to make DVD player w/o parking break?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by djoye, Dec 3, 2002.

1. djoye

djoye Guest

In stead of connecting the DVD player to the parking brake, where can it be connected to make it work while the car is in motion? Just any constant 12v source like the unit's power wire?

err, connect the parking brake wire to the HU's ground?

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

dont watch movies while driving,

it is dangerous, and illegal

That is like using a Cell Phone While Driving, Talk about Stupid, I dont know how many times I have been ran off the road, or been put in a danerous situtation because people talk on the phone and drive

personbally I wish cell phones where never invented, why anyone would want to walk around with a phone is beyond me, I dont like talking on that when I am at home, let alone whan I am out doing stuff :rolleyes:

a little off topic, but there is no need that I can see to have the DVD player on while driving, this must be a indash unit, so you dont need to have ti playing

3. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

My friend had the whole parking break thing bypassed for his ps2 in his car.
    Mike he may want this friends to watch a movie while they are on a 12 hour road trip. Ill try to find out how its done but Im sure you can find that info on the net :D

Cell phones are way cool Mike, and facilitate the many aspects of life :)

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Cell Phones Cause cancer, and facilitate a High Number of Car Crashs.

I read some where once that more people die in wrecks where a cell phone was a factor than in Drunk Driving :eek:

5. ASM

ASM Full Member

I think watching a movie while driving would be a little worse than talking on the phone (the whole keeping your eye on the road business). A lot of people don't know how to drive and talk at the same time, even when the person is not on the phone with them, but right next to them. Hell, if you think about it, most people can't drive right period. I have a cell phone but I rarely use it. The only reason I have it is because I drive about an hour to school and back everyday out in the middle of nowhere. If I break down it would be a long walk to a phone.

6. bigsexxxy69

bigsexxxy69 Full Member

i have a kenwood and I just grounded the parking brake wire, I think grounding should work on most of them, but I heard there is a different trick you need to do with alpines though but I forgot how to do it.

7. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

How about driving and getting road head?
    I know there has to be accidents from that :D

I never said its safe for the driver to drive and watch.....I was referring to other passengers

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

i have a kenwood and I just grounded the parking brake wire, I think grounding should work on most of them, but I heard there is a different trick you need to do with alpines though but I forgot how to do it.[/b][/quote]
    Whoa, that was fucking weird. I just quoted Biggie and I wound up adding to his post... I hope I didn't edit anything out. Well, let's try this again.

yep. All a parking brake switch is is a ground switch, not a power switch. Just ground the wire, should work fine. Most likely it completes a circut in a relay, by ground switching. While I've never done this, that is how a brake switch works, and I'm sure biggie has it right.

9. djoye

djoye Guest

Is that Brahma logo a dancing rabbit playing bagpipes? :D Seriously.

10. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

as a mod you have full edit rights

and the quote and edit buttons are close together

I have been known to do the same thing :D

11. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

no it is of 1/2 a brahma bull, you are suppose to beable to see the other half on the dust cap, but I will probally never see one so I dont know if it is true or not

12. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

It's not. The logo you see, is the logo on the cap ;)

13. bigsexxxy69

bigsexxxy69 Full Member

Whoa, that was fucking weird. I just quoted Biggie and I wound up adding to his post... I hope I didn't edit anything out. Well, let's try this again.

yep. All a parking brake switch is is a ground switch, not a power switch. Just ground the wire, should work fine. Most likely it completes a circut in a relay, by ground switching. While I've never done this, that is how a brake switch works, and I'm sure biggie has it right.[/b][/quote]
    youre damn right i have it right, dont ever doubt me ;) I be watching movies everyday and getting road head while im driving :unsure: j/k But like i said if its an alpine I ve read that its not as easy as grounding the wire on some models.

14. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

thats alright... ive never been able to see the brahma on that thing either. Its like an inkblot test...

15. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

thats alright... ive never been able to see the brahma on that thing either. Its like an inkblot test...[/b][/quote]
    I can see it now, the new storm in the Pysco world

"The Adire-Rorschach test" Comming to a head shrinker near you :lol: :lol:

16. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

The best way to find out is to find the wire or whatever that they want you to tap in to / connect to, for the brake switch wire...
    Then, put your meter on it... Measure the voltage, measure the continuity to ground, figure out what it is! If you measure voltage, then it's not a ground, you will need to feed that voltage to the HU. If it reads no voltage, it might be a ground... if the continuity shows that it is a ground, then it's a ground!

Why guess? Measure!!

17. chadillac3

chadillac3 Full Member

Cell phones do NOT cause cancer. The emissions from cell phones are negligible.