what can it be sub or amp

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by raj1, Jan 17, 2011.

1. raj1

raj1 New Member

right i have 2 subs gt4 and 2 gto75.2 amps
    1 of my amps are blowing a fuse on the amp itself when i put the vol up protection lights comes on
    iv looked at the sub to see if its f****ed ie 9v battery that test if fine it makes a popping sound pushing down on the sub to hear any scratching sound and there there was none
    iv swapped my rca around (i had it looped from HU to amp1 looped to amp 2) the sub worked then it blowed a fuse also i noticed that the sub had a funny sound to it.
    but the other sub was working fine with the amp with no problems then i swapped the rcas back still there was no problem so can any one help or knows what it is heres a pic

2. 6.5ldiesel

6.5ldiesel Full Member

I had a hard time understanding that, can you clarify what sound you are hearing? How long untill this happens, and do you crank up the volume then the fuse blows?

3. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Im not quite following that either....raj, could you do us a favor? try using some periods at the end of each sentance. Not that my proper grammer is worth dang mind you!

Is it just one amp blowing fuses? And one sub IS making noises??

4. connerray2010

connerray2010 Full Member

checked your power and ground wires at both ends? paint free of metal at ground points? proper fuses? (too small of fuse?) could be many things. clarify and you will get better answers.
    go over the basics be for jumping to conclusions or blaming you equipment

5. morespl

morespl Full Member

Unhook the sub turn the volume up if the amp

Blows a fuse your might not have it installed right.Try the sub on the other amp if it does the same thing its the sub.If you think its the rcas hook up a ipod or portable cd player to the amp With a y adapter that plugs into a headphone jack and has rcas on the other end.Plug this into the imputs on the amp if the sub plays fine its the rcas.Isolate don't condemn equipment til its proven bad you did not give us enough info to determine your problem.As you trouble shoot you might answer your own question.