Well My First Theme Is Now 90% Done..

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Jul 4, 2004.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Here is a Screen Shot, this page is 100% done (except for the "blue" defualt forum images (says "ipb" next to all the forums) I am going to wait for the GDK to be released. makes is sooo much easier.

anyway tell me what you think

I think it is the best one I have dont todate, but that probally means most of you will hate it :p :lol:

2. thumperfbc

thumperfbc Full Member

I like it Michael. Better than this puke blue on light puke blue on ligher puke blue...

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I have gotten to the Point where I can say it is 95-98% done so I am opening it up for User Trial

Please post any Suggestions, Comments, or areas you find that "dont look right"

I am sure I forgot a few CSS changes and it will make it look "weird" in some spots

Go to your Control Panel and Select the Skin titled "Empty Bottle" :p

4. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

ahh yes, much better.

5. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

upper right hand corner. it says "where insainty meets the soundwave"

should read "where insanity meets the soundwave"

6. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

:lmfao: :lmfao: pishhhh it would not be my site with out spelling mistakes, Geezee :bye: :blush: :p

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Well I think I am 99% there,

I also think this one is going to be our new Defualt theme, I was not sure if I wanted to use it or not

but the more like Look at it the more I like it

any Objections???

I thought not :p :p :p

Anyway. Please post any other Bugs, and spelling mistakes

I want to go place it as defualt today if possible

I changed all of the images from the Blue to Grey or Red. and I updated some Items in the User Contorl Panel that did not show really well

the Calender is the only thing I see left, and no one uses it anyway soo ;)

ohh and that speeling mistake in the header B)

anything else you guys spot?

after I get this done I can progress with the PHOTO GALLERY :jawdrop: :yes:

8. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

no other mistakes noticed. except when i go to search for new posts sometimes i get erros. NOT like a search floor control but this

other than that it looks dang good :detective:

9. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

you mean you get the error when you click the "view new posts" link at the top?

if not, where?

this is not a skin issue that, that is seperate from the skin, but it is a bug that needs to be addressed

10. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

yes if i hit view new posts at the top. sometimes it shows up, others it dont. now hoever comma. if i do click it like 5 times i get both errors as show below.

and why are we both home inside doing nothing on the 4th of july?

11. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

hmm I dont know....

as far as Being home and inside, what can I say. I have NO LIFE..

I have been only living here about 3mos, and I dont really know anyone, I was suppose to go up to my home town but never made it....

12. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

HA welcome to my world. been here for 4 years tho, im home and going to bed cause i got to be at work tomorrow at 0700 Hours. gotta love the military ;)

13. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

that is why I love my Job

I was off today, I am off tommrow (paid) and then work Tue - Fri :p

14. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

No offense Mike, but this theme looks "devil" like. Waaaaay toooo gothic looking for a caraudio site.

It may just be my tase, but Im not feeling it at all. ;)

15. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

well Surprisingly your the only one that has had anything negitive to say....

everyone I have talked to on PM, email, or IM have loved the new look,

until the Final version of the Software comes out this is probally how iit will stay unless there is an overwelling Negitive Reponse till then

the Defualt Blue IPB is still a Option, you can select that ;)

as far as it being too Gothic or too "dark" that is what EVERYONE complained about, I was not making them "dark enough"

What Changes do you think are needed?

Graphics

Colors

Everything?

16. ASM

ASM Full Member

I like the theme very much. It is just about perfect.

The only problem I see is the "Mark this forum as read" and "Subscribe to this forum" buttons are black text on a black background. Kinda hard to read em like that :p .

17. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

yes seth pointed that out too me

I had to Recreate it due to a Bug Fix Pack that was released and it Broke the Skin

so alot of the Bugs I worked out BEFORE I released it, were Cancelled

I am in the process of fixing all the Minor Formatting Errors

Sign In Screen
    Upper Topic Listing
    Some Mod Fucntion Screens

are the known Sections that Need Work

18. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

have to admit, I agree that it looks way to gothic for a car audio site. The previous colors were more appropriate I thought (even though I did not much care for them, I like them better than this).

19. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Come on Now Guys

Maybe I should do like CAF and leave ti Defaulted and only Change the Logo???

Personally I love this color Scheme. I dont say ANYTHING gothic about it at all

but at the very Least explain in more detail why you think that, Give me Certin Items that could be Imporoved

you understand how hard it is for me to Change, or Create a New Skin with only a Basic quote like that

"Too Gothic" what I am suppose to Do with that Statment??????

I work my ass of, and spend a Great deal of my own money to host and creat this site.

I want to Make it Successful, I want to have a look that the member Enjoy.

but I need a little more feedback than that

Say stuff

I like This .....................

but this needs ....................................

20. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

Say stuff

I like This new forum especially the red and black. awsome stuff

but this needs to contribute by sending 1000$ to my paypal account each week for each post i made during that week. :p