well I think I did it

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Apr 23, 2003.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Well After almost 3 years, I think I blew one of my HSL's..... and I think it is my Fualt :angry:

I took them out to transport a large item in my trunk, and I hurrly put them back in, and I believe a Few Strands of the New Speaker wire Crossover over and Shorted out to the Pos Terminal, and some reason the Amp did not go in to protection (like it should have) I have boit have time to throughly investicate but a PreLim Ohm Reading measures 16Ohm's from that that Speaker :eek: :eek: :eek:

It should be Reading some where in the 6.X range (it being a DVC sub wired in series) the other two read 6.7

Ohh well, 3years is the longest I ever had a stereo last anyway, Time for a Change, Now I am going to build a ported box rewired the other 2 down to 1ohm, and Blast them with about 1300w;s from my Audiobahn Amp and see how long they last :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. assneckavenger

assneckavenger Full Member

sweat.. but sorry to hear and 3 years damn that is pretty good for a system to last im impressed.

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Time to get into some Adire gear Mikey :D . I may know someone that can hook you up :unsure:

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

ROFL, And when did pigs start to fly :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will not run anything I cannot sell

I am just not good enough for them :rolleyes:

5. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

ROFL, And when did pigs start to fly :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will not run anything I cannot sell

I am just not good enough for them :rolleyes:[/b][/quote]
    Thats ok mike... your not good enough for me either!

J/K :D :p ;) :)