Well... Damn

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by fb4076, Jun 2, 2004.

1. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

I installed everything, got ready to start tuning the system... and found out that about all that I can hear is a supreme amount of motor noise. Is there a good solution to this? I mean, I don't want to have to listen to my system while I am at a high RPM... I really would like not to have to buy a new head unit... I tired the ground loop isolator, didn't work. Now I have two L7's that just shake your head really bad everytime you step in....

2. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

Ok, well... just found out that I have a lot more money than I originally thought I did. Now I would like some recommendations on a pretty good head unit, that will definitely play burned discs, and is under $250. I understand that for that price I will not get a lot, but I would like the best I can get for my money...

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I have a DEH-P740MP I may let go of for less than $250. It is in mint condition and I still have the origional box and manual. Here is a picture of it 2 months ago. someone by the name of Hippiechick wanted to buy it and I did the note as a verification of the date the pics were taken...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

5. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

How well did it seem to work for you? Why is it that you would be willing to get rid of it for that price (I do not know it's original price). Oh, and by the way... how much is a 10-inch brahma...

6. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I bought it for about $300. I really like the unit, but I want some more functionality. The Pioneer Premier 860MP will simply offer me more functionality, and the color of the unit will work better in my car. There is a reason I am sticking with the Pio Premier line... it has been awesome to me. I really haven't mentioned it much because I don't need a new HU, it's just I want a new HU. If I see it will help someone else, and myself at the same time, I'll offer it. If you don't want it, I'll just leave it in my dash 'till I see someone else who would benefit from it :).

You get the Elite member discount of $10 off. The Brahma 10 shipped to you would be $319.

7. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Awww, the elite members get $10 off each order?

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

$10 off their first order. I did it to offest the cost of the membership when it was $10.

[​IMG]

Aren't they cute!!! Darn that motor never fails to amaze me on those little things.

9. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

I can definatly see why some people call them baby brahmas. So small yet so damn heavy. :D

Mmmm check out that shiny smooth ass. Cant wait to bang them if you know what I mean. ;)

10. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Hey Seth, are those the Chromed ones? It kinda looks like it from the pics. I personally like them a little better (one just went in my car in fact). But I believe that will be the only batch like that.

But yes, those things are a beast. I swear they weigh more than the other sizes. The scale has to be lying. :unsure:

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio

11. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Those are HBs. I would guess they are as your gear got robbed and the next batch that went out went to HB... I am sure yours came from that batch as well.

12. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Yes these are indeed Chromed! So these things are limited editions then right? :D

13. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

Yeah, the $10 fee will not apply on this one... I was asking for a friend who I just told about the Brahma, and is interested. He is researching them, and he might put two tens into his mustang.... He is not sure yet whether he wants the Brahma, or go a little cheaper with a Magnum D2.