want a kick ass system, lil help please :)

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Speakers' started by dudefish, May 31, 2010.

1. dudefish

dudefish Member

Anyone heard Dynaudio 3-way Esotar2 or rockford powersplits?

hello everyone,

i am new to forums, i dont want to break the rules here but i am after a couple of opinions and i cant have a listen to the speakers i want as i am in a smallish town and the shops dont have the high end stuff i am after. im not gonna just get what ever anyone suggest i am going to use any info i can get as a guide.

im looking at (for a Chrysler 300c if that helps) either
    focal utopia 3ways,
    dynaudio 3 ways, (esotar2 i believe there called)
    i have also been suggested to look at Rockford power splits (dont think there 3way)
    im quite fussy on the tweeters

if anyone has any other suggestions i am happy to hear them, 2way or 3 way, i will most likely be putting an 8" sub and 6x9s at the back.

i am also running a focal 5.500 currently, the clarity seems to be excellent off this but am happy to hear other suggestions as i dont get to big shops often,

i have used focal k series, alpine type X in the past

thanks
    dudefish

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  2. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Isnt the Focal Utopia that 4000.00 set up, i know they have one with a 5 1/4 and one with a 6 1/2 and the tweeters are made of beryllium (sp?) and the x over is to die for. If I had the cash id buy that in a second.

3. dudefish

dudefish Member

6.5 a 3" and the tweeter is the one i think i would want in the focal, yes they are expensive, i hav been told these dynaudio 3way system are as good if not better, in australia there around the same price but have noticed in USA i think there like $1500 where the focals are still pricey, i no price has little to do with it these days,

anyone heard any of these systems?

4. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

the place I got my focals had the Utopia system in a suv, I didnt listen to it but I remember the xover, if thats what you want to call it, was huge and had like 4 or 5 nobs and lots of available settings. Its price was around 4000. usd. I have not seen or heard the Dynaudios.