upgrading my system

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by eviling, Oct 17, 2009.

1. eviling

eviling Full Member

I had a zx200.2 kicker, 200 watt rms 4 ohm amp, with a t4510-04 MTX 4500, 250 rms 10" sub in a unported square box.

I am looking into putting in a Rockford Fosgate Power T500-1bd, 400 watt rms, with a Rockford Fosgate 12" 400 rms 500 max watt shallow sub, with a shallow unported box. but I'm not sure on the set up, i wanna put Rockford sub in, but the Pioneer TS-SW3001S4, http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18212_Pioneer+TS-SW3001S4.htmlooks really nice, not sure whitch to get. the pioneer might be more ideal for a small car with a shallow box. I'm just looking for quality, not pound and I found most premium systems now are sold with shadlow high quality subs with shalow boxes.

also i'm fairly certain the cable has room, i have this line spliced with a 400 watt maxx total ecplise, 75 watt rms\4 ohm with the zx200.2 kicker,and they both ran beautifully for 3 years. but the kicker ..kicked the bucket a year ago and I recently was fed up with it, threw in a fusion system, whitch 20 mins later managed to blow up. returned that POS system, and am looking higher end. i think the line ran from the battery is a 2 AWG cable, MAYBE 4, if it's 4, I'll probably melt that ****er. but i'm not sure how much juice the 4 eclipse sucks, i don't think it's very much. i should be able to squeeze 1200 watts out of 4 gage i believe according to my math.

also considering some speakers, i really like infinity's 2 ohm speakers, was thinking of throwing some Infinity Kappa 652.9i, http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13454_Infinity+Kappa+652.9i.html
    replacing some 2 way polk's that i have in their, they were 120$ speakers but that was circuit city im sure they're prety even but i think i'll like the quality from infinity better. and for the front i will throw in some componate infinity's

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...+6030cs.html?gclid=CIDJoaHdxZ0CFQtN5Qod-yn8qw

cruchfeild says they'll fit in my door's.

curriouse also about cross over mounting and wiring. I just take the wires from the output off the ecplise amp, and mount them next to the amp on my back seat and just run the wires down my corner pannels with the rca's and speaker wires, or maybe even my top corner pannels to avoid running the wires through my door for the tweeters. i'm not entirely sure if that's possible. what are your thoughts on the system plans?

the car i'm doing all of this in is a 1999 susuki esteem sedan, the doors buckle and rattle a lot with the polk's in it, think i should throw some insulation in their around the speakers or do i need to insulate the whole door to eliminate this?

also another question :

about duel coil sub's and "mono" class D amp's that accualy have 4 output conections. if I conect to all 4 of those conecitons, will it still effectivly be say 400 rms watts, even if's truly running at 200 rms each, I assume the sound is more accuarate with duel coil sub's?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  2. eviling

eviling Full Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

heres a picture of the cable, i took out one of the fuses, turns out each line is 80 amp's, so i should be able to fit like 600 watts on that puppy easy. i think the amp i was looking at is 3 20 watt fuses.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

whether a sub is dual coil or not has nothing to do with the way it will sound. it just allows you more wiring configurations.
    a dual coil sub and single coil version of the same sub will sound the same. only thing is the dual coil sub can be wired 2 different ways.

i have 4 D2 8's and can wire them several different ways.

figure out what amp you want, then figure out your subs.

most mono amps have 2 terminals to be able to wire more subs to it without having to splice multiple wires to one terminal. its just for easier installing of speakers.