ULTIMATE ACW1200 12" CUPRIC SUBWOOFER $150

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Mar 12, 2003.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

"With their unique looks and unexcelled performance capabilities, the ACW1200 and ACW1000 are the best subwoofers on the planet!"
    Ultimate's product development team is proud to introduce the new Cupric Series subwoofers. With cones formed from a specially developed alloy, Ultimate's Cupric subwoofers produce lower and louder bass with less distortion than conventional designs. The secret to this revolutionary performance is the uniquely formulated alloy of copper, aluminum and magnesium used in the Cupric Series cones. When mixed in the proper proportions and effectively heat treated, the resulting alloy is stronger, lighter and more rigid than low carbon steel. A lighter, stronger cone means a speaker that can react faster and more accurately at power and volume levels that can cause cones formed of lesser materials to flex and bend, producing audible distortion. The Cupric Series is free of these limitations, producing clear, undistorted output, even at extreme levels. The edge of each cone is rolled and bonded to a rubber surround and the surface is treated with a coating that eliminates the "Ringing" sounds often associated with improperly designed metal cones.

The specially tooled, beautifully styled cast aluminum basket has a deep draw in order to accommodate the excursion capability of the extra long voice coil. Oversized, heavy duty, gold plated terminal posts provide a secure connection for the largest wire gauges. With a linear excursion capability of 16 mm in one direction and over 1-1/4 inches, or 32 mm, of total linear excursion, the Cupric Series subwoofers can reproduce the longer wavelengths of very low bass frequencies at levels, and with clarity and definition, that far exceed the performance limitations of other subwoofers. Dual, stacked magnets provide the depth to make sure the voice coil never bottoms out, and the 4-layer voice coil keeps plenty of wire in the magnetic gap. More wire in the magnetic gap provides for precise control of cone motion at all times. The entire motor assembly is carefully balanced to specifically match the very low mass of the Cupric Series cones. The voice coil is wound on a KaptonĀ® former, which is superior to aluminum formers, for quickly transferring heat from the voice coil into the magnetic circuit's pole piece. The hyper-extended pole piece, with over sized vent, keeps the voice coil cooler and increases the length of the stationary magnetic field so the voice coil is always under tight control. Additional venting around the perimeter of the cast aluminum basket provides more forced air cooling for increased power handling. Cupric Series subwoofers are particularly suited for small enclosures, offering the perfect combination of minimal size with unsurpassed low frequency reproduction and output level. In a market that offers hundreds of choices, all claiming to be the best, only the Cupric Series subwoofers offer the excursion capability for extremely high output and the accuracy demanded by the most critical listener.

Specifications: * Power handling: 400 watts RMS/800 watts max * Voice coil diameter: 2-1/2" * Impedance: 4 ohms per coil * Frequency range: 23-400 Hz * Magnet weight: 120 oz. * Fs: 25 Hz * SPL: 91.8 dB 2.83V/1m * Vas: 2.1 cu. ft. * Qms: 8.19 * Qes: .44 * Qts: .42 * Xmax: 16 mm * Net weight: 15 lbs. * Dimensions: A: 12-5/8", B: 11-3/8", C: 7-1/2".

$150 plus shipping...

Others selling for $170

Save an Addional $10 ea when you buy 2 or more

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

here is a pic

3. bigsexxxy69

bigsexxxy69 Full Member

thats a pretty bold statement :rolleyes:

4. Olinskis

Olinskis Guest

Thats all fine and dandy, but doesn't the Eclipse Ti have a Titanium cone? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's fairly rigid.

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

bigsexxxy69

I did not type that

that is UA desc.

Olinskis

What does the Ti have to do with these?????

The Ti is like 10X more in price, and is in no way referance or compiared to in that statment

6. Olinskis

Olinskis Guest

That woofer claims that its greatness is due to this new rigid cone made of metal alloys and the whole shebang. Well, my point is that the new cone material has already been done, tested and tried I might add. 10X is overkill, a Ti is only around 2X that price.

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

That woofer claims that its greatness is due to this new rigid cone made of metal alloys and the whole shebang. Well, my point is that the new cone material has already been done, tested and tried I might add. 10X is overkill, a Ti is only around 2X that price.[/b][/quote]
    Where your you going to get a Elcipe Ti for $300

8. Olinskis

Olinskis Guest

What will you ask next, my shoe size? Let the record show that I did say "around 2X the price" not an exact $300.00. But if you must know some of my sources.

Try this.

Or this.

And if you think eBay is a crock, your loss. I've found it to be great, if you have the patience. Happy bidding.

Oh, and I thought everyone had at least one friend who could hook them up with massive discounts, are you an exception Mike?

9. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Did you check the shipping on both of those??? Wow...

10. Olinskis

Olinskis Guest

Wouldn't you rather bid around 300 for a 15" Ti and pay shipping than have to pay 600 from a shelf? Or 703 at caraudiousa? I mean at least shop4sound has it down to about 550. Hats off to Michael!

11. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I will guantee those ebay units are REFERBS

12. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Notice how none of them say "a Stock" or "not referbished"

They all JUST say "brand new never used" which means that probally are referbs, that is te old trick in the book

either that or they are stolen,

either way, that is not a honest price for them, but that is why I struggle everyday with weather or not I should even keep a online web site

I can not compete with the scammers on scam bay

13. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

...or stolen. One thing Michael and I agree on is that eBay is iffy at best.

Edit: Oops, I posted a reply before I read the rest of Michael's post. But yeah, they're refurbs or stolen. Article in the L.A. Times about another eBay scammer who scammed 500 bidders out of $100,000. Buyer beware...