Tutorials On Cd

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Dec 7, 2003.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Ok in my Last Thread about this Project I must not have explained the Goals Really Well

All I want is for you the members to Recommend 9 or 10 of the Most Popular Questions in car audio, I will then Write (or your can write) and Tutorial awnsering that question

I will then Take those 9 or 10 Questions, and Make a Program, which can be Placed on a CD or Downloaded off the Web, thus the name "Tutorials on CD"

This is a New Service I am offering my Cleints of Osprey Business Services, My Web Design and Business Promotion Company,

I am Creating this to Potental Buyers of Some of my Interactive CD Product will have a Live Working Demo (which I can ship to them on a CD by Request) to try and Sell some Custom CD's for their Business..

But Instead of Creating a Program with no ral Purpose, I figured I would make one for Car Audio Talk and make it avaible for Free/At Cost to anyone that wants it

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

here is a Demo of the Program, to give you a Idea where I am going

TUT on CD demo

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

TS params explained. That seems to be the most commonly asked question by the serious enthusiast.

Maybe how they pertain to the design of the speaker itself. For example: FS is free air resonance (of course be a bit more detailed then this, but this is just quickly thrown down here). FS can be manipulated through adding mass to the cone which will lower it, yet stiffening the suspension will help bring it back up.

4. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Subwoofer components. I think a cutaway of a driver detailing all the components would be great as well. People may be sitting there going "topplate? what is that?", "Pole piece? What it that?" "Spider, Former? Surround? Backplate?"

I know I have seen about 500 of those, but to easily access them here would be great.

Tweeters may be good too. I think Eatel has them there, but damned if I can this of anywhere else.

5. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

10 most recurring questions in car audio that can be answered on a tutorial:
    • What are gains, how do I set them (tones, dmm, or O-scope...), and what happens if I set them incorrectly?
    • The good, the bad, and the ugly of Sealed, Ported, Bandpass, TL, AP's, and other enclosure types. Pix of how each work, in detail, too.
    • What are the Magic 3, how do I upgrade them, and what should I expect after upgrading them?
    • Fiberglassing-Everything from kickpanels to exotic sub enclosures.
    • How the hell do I carpet a box so it doesn't show any seams (this one is for me, Michael :D )
    :)

6. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

good ideas , keep them comming

Seth, The Speaker Parts is a good on, but I need the Pics, Any Company you know have some pics or gaphics like that, and would they give me permission to use them in this project?

7. black00

black00 Full Member

I can do that for you.

8. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

I believe JL has some in the w7 literature, but its mostly used to describe the 'new techonology' or their patenets I believe.

9. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

a lot of people dont know how to use the test gear...
    maybe a short primer? Voltmeter, Ohmmeter, Ammeter.... 'scope, etc?

10. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

I like HT-audio's site as a basic template for doing a tutorial type CD...Here's a very simple but easy to understand cut away of of speaker: Speaker cut away

It's from the good folks who brought us BassBox (Pro).

A T/S Parameters cd would be cool, but only if it had more than just...T/S definitions. Maybe a tutorial that shows, with graphics, the parts of a speaker, how a speaker works (from the moment it receives a signal to the resulting acoustic output, or maybe broad or detailed definitions on various topologies, their advantages/disadvantages, etc.), and then throw in the t/s definitions and cross reference each definiition with other paramaters to see how changing one affects another (say, increasing mms and it's effects on Fs...for example). Basically, the user should walk away knowing exactly how a speaker works. Makes it easier for those that buy speakers online without ever getting a chance to listen to them. They should have a general idea what it will sound like.

:)

11. trifle

trifle Full Member

I guess I didn't communicate myself very well on the other thread...I didn't think that this was a profit-based venture and knew it was just example, I was just saying I'm not sure if you'd get the amount to buy them that you'd wish so that you could get a thorough review covering a good cross-sample of people...

I did like the demo..it was pretty cool...but definitely have someone do the final editing, you wouldn't want that demo going to a prospective client...

My tutorial recommendation:

A simple ohm's law explanation wouldn't hurt...along with sub wiring in accordance to that...