true ingnition?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by jstutman, Aug 3, 2003.

1. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

im trying to install my isolator and it asks me to hook up true ignition. something along the lines of when the car cranks the true ignition wire will still hold voltage. where is there a wire liek that on a car? im completly lost

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/LITS200

2. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

This is a shot in the dark, but it sounds like they want you to use a wire that will have power once the car is started. If so, you can splice into the power wire for the cig. lighter or something like that.

I'm not sure on this one though, Seth can probably help you out if he sees this though. He's running a couple of batteries.

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Use a wire that is hot when the ignition is in the run position only. You don't want a constant power source. I have a GM and I chose to run the wire into the passenger compartment and hook it into the fusebox, as they are labled, for simplicity. I fused mine close to the fuse block (the source for your power).

4. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

Use a wire that is hot when the ignition is in the run position only. You don't want a constant power source. I have a GM and I chose to run the wire into the passenger compartment and hook it into the fusebox, as they are labled, for simplicity. I fused mine close to the fuse block (the source for your power). [/b][/quote]
    Hold on one second there sir... Are you telling me that Chris is right? Get the heck out of here! WAY TO GO CHRIS!! YOU'RE ACTUALLY LEARNING SOMETHING!! When i met you, you didn't know a power wire from a brake line.. HA! :detective:

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

you mean amps dont run off brake fluid,

get out of here,

maybe that is why mine does not work :oops: :oops: :lmfao:

6. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Hold on one second there sir... Are you telling me that Chris is right? Get the heck out of here! WAY TO GO CHRIS!! YOU'RE ACTUALLY LEARNING SOMETHING!! When i met you, you didn't know a power wire from a brake line.. HA! :detective: [/b][/quote]
    I shall kill you. :gunsmilie: