truck owners? any out there?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by blitzdemon, Nov 1, 2002.

1. blitzdemon

blitzdemon Full Member

i got a truck and im goin to be puttin my subs in the bak truck box under a fiberglass lid and makin a walk-through....was wonderin if any1 gots a truck with a walk-through or has pix of some trucks with that setup...thanx in advance

2. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

I have a truck, but no walk through planned...

I did have a friend who did a blow-through though (not a walk-through... that's committment! :D)...
    Couple cheap 12's (Hollywoods... the old gen ones! :p) and some good power, that thing hit like you wouldn't believe...
    It's a great way to capitalize on your truck's tiny interior...

Doing a walk through though, you loose that advantage.
    Less cabin gain.

Not that that is a bad thing, from a custom truck point of view, I love walk thoughs, wish I had one, 100%!

But if your purpose is to do one just for the sake of your system, I would consider doing the blow-through rather than the walk through, with the subs firing through the hole (the box in fact sealing up the whole for the blow-through), because you will gain big SPL with that strategy, keeping the interior tiny. ;)

3. blitzdemon

blitzdemon Full Member

ummm...when i was talking bout a walkthrough i ment just a hole that my subs bass could go thro...nothin really big...i guess thats a blowthrough not a walk through :unsure: my bad...i guess im doing a blow through lol

4. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Good luck, sounds like a great plan!

Be sure to get one of those boots, to seal the hole off from the elements, the rubber boots that clips to the metal of the cab and the bed, joining them as one.

Otherwise, your subs will be destroyed probably pretty quickly, being subjected to the weather, mist and dirt from the road, etc..

5. blitzdemon

blitzdemon Full Member

yea i was goin to make my dad pick me up a boot for inbetween the truck box and cab. the subs aint goin to be mounted in on the cab wall and the magnet stickin out into the box...each sub is goin to be in a 3cube chamber ported at 30hz