treo sub woofers,where do they stand?

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by thumper, Jan 20, 2011.

1. thumper

thumper Full Member

well im still new to car audio scene,but where does treo engineering stand in the sub woofer world,i have 2 12" ssi,they hit real hard but i want to know what the pros think about em'
    and what amp would be the best bang for th buck for 2 12" subs

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

I have never personally even heard of them, But i will say this, the most critical aspect of getting performance out of ANY woofer is the enclosure that is built for it. Period.

3. thumper

thumper Full Member

i havent heard of them until i got em from my mom as a christmas present,they are in a custom ported box
    its been rhino lined as well (i dont know if that would make a difference or not)
    1229101223a (1).jpg
    they are sittin straight up now,and it looks cleaner now since i hidden the wires ALOT better

4. crazywhiteboy91

crazywhiteboy91 Full Member

first thing to do to get your maximum power out of them is to get rid of the lighting audio amp. what model are them subs?

5. thumper

thumper Full Member

yea the lighting audio amp sucks,but it was free lol,but they are the SSI model,but i only have 750 watts,i want to atleast get to 1200

6. crazywhiteboy91

crazywhiteboy91 Full Member

got a model number? that lightning audio is probally 750 peak mayrbe around 250 rms im guessing.

7. thumper

thumper Full Member

as of right now,i dont have the model,but yea the amps peak is 750watts

this is all i can get,i havent had the time to take it apart yet and find out more
    http://www.treoonline.com/infosheets/ssi_subwoofers.pdf

8. connerray2010

connerray2010 Full Member

your MOM is into big bass? sweet!

9. thumper

thumper Full Member

lol no shes not,shes more into classic rock,so loud music...yes,but not big bass lol,she just knows i do,and my step dad helped pick out the subs and box,i just dont kno much about treo

10. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

treo is good.

they are good subs.

11. thumper

thumper Full Member

ok thanx,i just was hopin i didnt get a set of bad subs

12. connerray2010

go for a 1200 wat sony xplod. i have had the 600, 1000 and 500.4 and have had good results with them. my 1000 is curently pushing my 12" kicker l5 at 2ohms and its held up very well (nock on wood lol)

13. thumper

thumper Full Member

ok cool,ill look it up

14. thumper

thumper Full Member

i like that soundstream amp,i reckon ima save up for that,hopefully itll still be available

15. connerray2010

yea it will be, one like it for around the same price any way

16. thumper

thumper Full Member

yea,i just need to get a better amp than my crappy lighting audio amp

17. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

whats your budget for the amp man? Dont get Sony. lol

18. thumper

thumper Full Member

as right now,i have a budget of $0 lol but within a few weeks ill have around $200 or so,(i get bad mpg,so its hard to save money)

19. connerray2010