Took 3rd place in SQ comp

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_spacemonkey, Sep 21, 2002.

1. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

The title says it all. It was very unfortunate, because looking at the scores, I could have wone second easily, or with another week of tweeking, first place even. I was called in to work for an emergency and my dad ended up taking my car to the comp for me. He is VERY experienced in home audio, and helped tune my system, but knows diddly bout car audio. Thats where I got screwed, he didnt know how to tweak my HU and amp for maximum SPL and a whole bunch of other stuff. Oh well. For third I won a Memphis audio 15pr-104D 10" sub. It looks nice, but I know dick about memphis so im not sure. Anyone got any experience with these? Im thinking of making something challenging with it like a 6th order band pass or something..... Oh well, just wanted to let everyone know!

2. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Wow, congrats on the 3rd place! Dont know jack about Memphis though...

3. kbog

kbog Full Member

That's part of the Power Reference line. The studio subs - especially the HP and LVS are beefier by far. Don't know it's worth, but not much I suspect.

www.memcaraudio.com