time to upgrade....hove a couple of questions

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by 07gmc, Sep 28, 2010.

1. 07gmc

07gmc Full Member

Hey all....I've got a 2007 gmc sierra (new body) with the bose system, onstar, factory navigation and rear seat audio controls. The only part of the system I'm keeping is the factory HU. For front and rear speakers ive got jl audio zr650-csi and c2-650x. The factory sub is being replaced with 2 jl audio 10w1v2's, and the amp is being replaced with a jl audio xd600/6. Ive got an alpine pxe-h650 integration processor. 1) In order to keep everything working as it did from the factory.......are there any interfaces I need or will the alpine processor take care of all that? 2) does anyone know where I can get a harness to keep from hacking up the factory wiring. I guess it would be some kind of a "t" or "Y"? 3) Is there someplace I can find a factory wiring diagram for the "new body" gmc? I can find "classic" but thats it!! Its been almost 20years since my last install and things sure have changed.....lol......Thanks for any help!

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I can not find alot of info about the Alpine Processor, but if its anything like the JL Cleansweep (I've installed a couple) then it is all you need.

As far as plugs, check Metra or Best Kits. Keep in mind that you have NO ignition or accessory wire behind your radio. You'll need to locate an ACC source at the ignition switch.

If you cannot find plugs, the only wires you need to cut are the speaker wires. If its like the JL Cleansweep, the speaker wires are inputs to the unit and the unit has RCA outputs. RCA's go to the amp and then we run the speaker wires from the amp to behind the radio, to the speaker wires there.

This is actually an easy install.

3. 07gmc

07gmc Full Member

thanks for the response Ranger. i think the alpine is alot like the clean sweep. i was actually going to buy the clean sweep, but the guy that sold me the equipment said he prefered the alpine unit. i guess its got a bit more you can do with it via the wireless remote as far as adjusting the equalizer and the delay between speakers and it allows you to use the volume control on the factory hu vs the volume dial the the clean sweep has. lol....i was all fired up to do it myself....but now thinkin about just payin to have it done! lol....its been a long time!!!

4. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

The volume control on the Cleansweep is for the AUX input. It does not effect the output of the factory HU. You use the factory volume control just like you normally would.

I have to say, the first time (I was a serious doubter) I heard what the CleanSweep did I was impressed. So I'll bet the Alpine unit is just as good.

Let us know how it turns out

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  5. 07gmc

07gmc Full Member

I will let ya know how it works out!! Thanks again