Time For A Game...good Idea/bad Idea

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by nismo, Feb 24, 2004.

1. nismo

nismo Full Member

i have 2 re8's, and a spare box (was a dual 12 2.5 cube sealed box--not so much a 'box' any more tho).

i just picked up an mtx blue thunder pro 150x2, rated at 75x2 @ 12.5 volts, but based on the other blue thunder pro i had, im guessing itll do around 150x2 @ 4 ohm @ 12.5 volts.

anyway, am i crazy for wanting to put those 8's in that box and make it a sine wave-only box? i dont really know of any upcoming local events, but im curious as to whether id have any chance on the local scene. i know there arent many people locally who are any good, so im thinking im gonna have to hit up the local shop next time they are mic'in it :). meca is out tho, cuz my truck isnt totally stock anymore :(

eric

2. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

sounds cool... From what I hear, for SPL, alot of trial and error is necessary to get every DB out that you can. I say go for it.!

3. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Two eights though...

In terms of raw displacement, you'll be in a pretty "mini" place, unfortunately...

You'll be competing at a minimum against guys with a pair of twelves...

And even a pair of ho-hum twelves will be able to easily outdisplace even a set of super-eights.

What sort of competition are you considering, and what class?