Things Get Worse...

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by nismo, May 17, 2004.

1. nismo

nismo Full Member

i put the wires back the way theyre supposed to be...now i have ZERO power in my truck. im getting power to the main wires, but for some reason, i turn the key and it does nothing. i thought maybe the main power wire had broken from being bent around, but i put my dmm into the circuit after where it could have possibly broken, and im still getting power... but for osme reason i cant get ANYTHING inside the truck to work. the hazards dont work, theres NOTHING there. im getting 12.53 volts at the battery, and at my amp, but i figure there's a relay or fuse blown some place. is there a main fuse somewhere that provides power to everything from the main 4 awg trace?

eric

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Look at the fusible links at the starter. You popped at least one of them.

Did you get those stickers? I stuck them in a pile of outgoing packages and they went out a few days late, but I UPS'd 'em to ya.

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I am not going to say I know what is happening here with out seeng the electircal system first hand....

but there are a few fews

My Tbird as 2 fuse boxes, well one a "power distibution" box :rolleyes: and on the side of it, it has a 200amp ANL fuse, so if you have one of those boxes you might check that as well

4. nismo

nismo Full Member

the wire that is the cause is the 18-22 awg wire that goes to the side of the alt. the plug needs to be replaced as well. where does that wire go(in order to replace the entire piece, rather than splicing)?

eric

5. nismo

nismo Full Member

i should add that the wire was beat around while i put my 2/0 on the posts of the alt. so i just need to know how best to replace it.

eric