The ultimate SQ music.

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Steven Kephart, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Has anyone heard the soundtrack from The Hunt for Red October? I have always loved that opening song. I just downloaded that song to see if I would like the whole thing, and was thinking of getting the soundtrack. Just wanted to get another opinion on it.

Does anyone else here like soundtracks? I have a couple which are awesome to listen to. I have Independance Day, Lord of the Rings, and The Fifth Element. The Fifth Element is nice especially for the low frequency content. Although some of the music is kinda odd, it is "full". Plus it is worth it just for the opera part. Independance Day is good, but is hard to listen to all the way through. It seems to be one song, all the way through.

I also spent $26 on a supposedly high quality Empire Strikes Back CD. I was very disapointed that it had hiss in it. I thought it was my system, till I put in another CD. What a waste of money. :no:

Please post some of your favorite soundtracks.

2. Steven Kephart

3. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

I'm a recent convert to soundtracks. I think it's the haunting bass and haunting atmospere/ambience that sucks me in. Rarely does music pack such a physical and emotional wallop. What converted me is the soundtrack to "Gladiator", which is truly outstanding. I have a buddy (thumperfbc) on CAF who is big on soundtracks, also. He agreed with my recommendation of "Gladiator". "Pirates of the Carribean"," Lord of the Rings", and "The Piano" are supposed to be great, also. I saw a "Star Wars Trilogy" soundtrack at Walmart I almost grabbed a few weeks back which might be of good quality. It has a sticker that claims it was remastered and recorded from a 20 bit digital recording.
    :)

4. CalvinHobbes

CalvinHobbes New Member

If you really like soundtracks, and techno, check out the Requiem for a Dream soundtrack and the Fight Club soundtrack.

Requiem's soundtrack was done by Clint Mansell, who's extremely talented, and the Fight Club soundtrack was done by the Dust Brothers, who are major producers.

Oh yeah, Hi

5. Steven Kephart

I do love techno as well. In fact, I have all of BT's CD's, who has scored several films.

Although he doesn't score movies (although I think he would be good at it), I find that Moby's music is very similar. Although quite a bit is synthesized, it is very good and mostly has an orchestra feel to it. I'm not talking about the songs he has had on the radio (except maybe the song from The Borne Identity) but the other songs on his albums.

I do enjoy classical music, but I find that I more enjoy modern orchestra music. You mainly see this type of music in soundtracks. But I find that sometimes you get one great song, and a bunch of slight variations of that same song on that one CD. That's why I asked others for their ideas.

I also enjoy Yani. His music is very powerful, exciting, and great. Does anyone else know of any really good modern composers? An example would be the hidden track on Matchbox 20's Mad Season album (a surprisingly good CD). The hidden track is a short, but very good modern orchestra song. I would love to have more music like that.

6. systempimp_1500

systempimp_1500 Full Member

Damn requiem for a dream is a good movie.

I tried to get seth to watch it, but he wouldn't listen to me........

hmm I think I'll list 'em out.....

1.) American Beauty
    2.) Road to Perdition
    3.) The Shawshank Redemption
    4.) The Green Mile
    5.) I am Sam

Jeff

7. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Bah!!! I forgot Jeff. I actually meant to watch that and my wife said she already saw it. She really enjoyed the movie as well, so I am sure I will like it. Unfortunately, old age and memory loss go hand in hand :lol: .

I like some STs. My wife and I are actually in a Roman mood and we watched Gladiator last night. We just discussed getting the ST for the flick. We went to see Under the Tuscan Sun (no jokes fellas, Diane Lane is the hottest woman on the planet... I love red-heads) and got the Italy thing going. That should be a good ST too.

Another good one it Sleeping With The Enemy. Good shit there too.

A bit off topic, but still on the SQ topic... I like Shania Twain's Up, the green CD, the country version. I am not by any stretch of the imagination into country, but my wife likes some. I gotta say, her voice, the strings and surprisingly deep bass will really display several aspects of a nice SQ system... I put her CD in for Cort to show how tough her vocals were... and although he gave me a funny look at first, I think he really saw where the music would be challenging for lesser comp sets and subs... 2 thumbs up.

8. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Damn requiem for a dream is a good movie.

I tried to get seth to watch it, but he wouldn't listen to me........

hmm I think I'll list 'em out.....

1.) American Beauty
    2.) Road to Perdition
    3.) The Shawshank Redemption
    4.) The Green Mile
    5.) I am Sam

Jeff [/b][/quote]
    I am sam is one of the funniest movies of all time.

The first time I was watching I almost died.
    It was in the scene where he was running in the hospital and tripped down the stairs(?). I was driking coke at the time and the scene came up mid swallow and I started to laugh and gag and coke came outta my nose.

That had to be the funniest scene of all time.
    The movie was good but it should have been a comedy through the end instead of gettin all sad towards the end :lmfao:

9. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

bah

cant believe u guys left out

Jurassic Park!

<_<

10. trifle

trifle Full Member

i'll have to go along with gladiator and jurassic park, jurassic lunch is crazy...

and since y'all mofrackies are getting ot....enya is another artist with great "full" music....

and the cannon excerpt from the 1812 overture...yum