The definative subwoofer...

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by sandt38, Apr 15, 2003.

1. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

2. squatchie

squatchie Full Member

I personally thought that was a very nice open topic paper written for English class. I needed some more horse-shit for my yard, still have some brown spots here and their.

:ph34r:

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Me going to disect this

:lol:

Yea Right

OK So Far
    I have heard many home Steroes with 8ins that sounded damn good..... That last line makes not since to me :rolleyes:

No Shit :p
    I can roll down the road yelling out the window, and boucing up and down and get the same effect, that does not make me a "good" stereo

I dont remeber too many if any 6.5in SUBwoofers, most can not produce low freq well enough to be consider a SUBwoofer by defination, they are normally called just plain woofers.... and I have NEVER seen a 6.5in out do a 12in in bass reproduction :lol:
    Relly, hmmmmm i bet everything i own that is false
    in the most gerneral ways sure

or Build your own
    hmmm not all that simple really
    Actually paper is consider the BEST sonically accurate cone material, but it is true the Distortion can be a factor in high power, or high excursion applcications, hwoever the new Coatings and compostite papers have come a long long way,

Alum can be the least favorable due to reasonace of the cone, but they are good for High power SPL type applications, there is no BEST cone.....

And there should be NOTHING rubber surroundingt the Voice Coil, maybe the cone, and Rubber is not the Most common, and debtably the most durable, Foam is the most common, and preforms indisguatbly to its rubber counterpart, and cost less......

Audiobahn in with mcintoch,

Hello, this is Earth have we met?????

as for DVC vs SVC there is NO, Zero, Zilch differance in SQ based on that
    and dont get me started on the sony shit
    Umm ok :rolleyes:
    I doudt you know what POWER is son :eek: :eek: :p
    That is it??????? Wimps :D

NEVER
    You should never exceed the RMS rating on your drivers, because one day your sub will go "pop!", and there will be nothing left.
    I think something around 200 Watts per driver should be enough for most people. Most amps that have much more power than that are over-kill I think.

So you use a High Power amp, but you consider 200w Overkill???????? hmmm :lol:
    Next time, leave the "advice" to the pros

4. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

HA HAHAHAHAHA

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Mike...

I think you're just jealous you don't have this man's obvious knowledge in car and home audio :unsure: :unsure: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

6. air1438

air1438 Full Member

I would love to spray my hot pulsating "man broth" on the guy who wrote that. His incoherent babbling makes me want to ejaculate on his face.

7. trifle

trifle Full Member

So if you're into music, then these aren't for you.