the build up

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by PolkMM, Jan 19, 2005.

1. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/531337/8
    for a full size truck, i cant believe how good it sounds. someone told me the sound stage was a bit high, but i like it the way it is
    right now its only primer, but i will be getting some texture spray from SEM and then painting it to match the stock color. im getting a new truck this summer so ill be starting over again...lol. i might try seeing what i can do about porting the brahmas though since ill have a little more room.
    -Cody

2. joelsbass

joelsbass Full Member

just immagine how it'll sound when you have 3000w of Us Amps power running to the brahmas :D

3. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

that or 3000 watts of trutech power...
    but ill probably go with usamps just b/c the de-3000 is so damn efficient
    -Cody

4. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Not the copper series Tru's, are they?
    I just checked out the new tube copper amps at CES... really intriguing! B)

...well, not for sub amps... but for front stage amps that'll make you forget about worrying about subs! :D

5. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

i cant do tube amps...i go offroading a lot now and i just have 2wd, my next truck will be 4wd and eventually lifted 6" and 35s. no way a tube amp would be able to hold up...
    i was originally wanting a sledge hammer, but i learned that its basically just 2 hammers slapped on each others back and strapped. that wouldnt work b/c it makes it too deep for where theyll be at.
    -Cody

6. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

copper is really just plating or paint... not real copper... :p

7. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

I guess I dont get it.... Why are those brahmas half in a box and half out??

8. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

huh?
    -Cody

9. The_spacemonkey

10. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

it does in later pictures... fiberglass! ;)

11. The_spacemonkey

yea.... im a retard :blink:

12. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

i was wondering what you were talking about...lol
    -Cody

13. stacy532

stacy532 Full Member

looks bad ass.... :)

14. joelsbass

joelsbass Full Member

ya know... my tu-600 survived a collision at 30mph unscathed... the hold up better than people'd think...

15. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

I second that one...

The filament in the bulbs of your headlights are very similar.

And if you are landing hard enough to make your truck's lights go out, or maybe I should say the suspension on your truck doesn't have enough travel or is soft enough, I'd suggest it's not an AMP that you need to invest in. ;)

16. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

after talking with Jeff at USAmps for a while I've decided to get the tube. Their new line of amps is coming out pretty soon and i was assured that the only major change will be the heat sinks. They're also coming out with a new digital amplifier which does 2600wx1@2ohms. Perfect for 2 brahmas!!! Its called the DD. So that for the Brahmas, the TU600 for the Iridiums and I'll be set.
    Also in the works is sound deadening from second skin, another pair of RCAs, new wiring, and a new alternator.
    Which brings me to a very important question.

Does anyone know where I can find Streetwires 5.0 interconnects in a 16' length?
    They are no longer made but I swear by 'em. I've been looking on ebay for the last month but I've only seen 2 pairs. One was a 12', the other a 6'. So if anyone knows where I could pick up some I'd be greatly appreciative!!
    -Cody

17. joelsbass

joelsbass Full Member

Have you considered the TU-4360 and bi-amping?? or would you be interested in getting the 4360 and trading for my 600 lol, i'd love to bi-amp my MM6's but I didn't know much about it when i got the amp...

18. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

i have 6 speakers, not 4
    -Cody

19. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

I wanted to show everyone the build up of my front stage. I finally got everything arranged right on the sounddomain page. The rest of the pages are extremely out of order because I'm trying to redo the entire site because its outdated and cluttered.
    But here it is:
    http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/531337/10
    Page 8 is where the build up of the box is.
    Everything sound great, I really couldn't be more pleased. I can't wait til I get the new truck and some $$ so I can finish everything.
    Plans for the new truck:
    2 runs of 0 awg
    USAmps DE-3000(3000w rms)
    USAmps TU-600(tube amp power for the highs)
    still trying to find another set of Street Wires 5.0 RCAs in a 16' length...
    8" DLS Iridium mid bass
    alterstart alternator
    a couple of batcaps
    about $500 worth of sound deadening
    then I'll be done. probably...
    the box for the subs will be ported with about 1.75ft^3 each and tuned to 32Hz. Its going to effin loud and sound damn good
    let me know what you guys think
    -Cody