Taking my deck out

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by gindwar, Jan 4, 2010.

1. gindwar

gindwar Full Member

Hi everyone, I need to know how to take my deck out so I can install an amp/subwoofers. Back in August I had best buy install my head unit(Pioneer DEH-1100: http://images.fixya.com/P/Pioneer/177x150/20241900.JPG) because I accidentally broke a wire terminal in the clip for my wiring harness(it was stuck : /). They put a cage around it to hold it in place, the problem is now I need to take it out so I can put in my RCA cables in the back but I can't take it out. I tried pulling from both sides with 2 pliers, I tried prying it out and I tried just pulling out the deck alone by hand. Nothing. My friends told me that there are some screws somewhere but I don't see any.

For some odd reason(sarcasm), best buy never answers their phone. The one time I got through, they forwarded me to home stereo : /. Does anyone know how to do this? My subs will be at my door within hours :(...

Thanks.

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

you need the 2 little keys that slide in on the sides. they come in the box with the head unit.

3. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

I think you could also buy the keys at wal-mart for a few bucks if you don't have em'