System for van

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by chevan98, Apr 19, 2010.

1. chevan98

chevan98 Full Member

I'm currently in the process of planning a complete system rehab for my 98 chevy hightop conversion van. Home theater is usually my thing, and I am coming to learn that car audio is much more involved. What I want to do is not the norm. So i do have a few questions. Here's my layout. Factory headunit, six speakers, two in front doors and four in hightop area in rear. 12v tube TV, and vcr up high. Here's what I want to do. Dvd receiver with or without screen. I want a headunit with analog outs for dolby pro logic, so I can run strait to a 5 channel amp. I'm trying to keep it simple and didn't figure I needed dolby digital and dts for my van. Plus the extra cost of a processsor. I dont plan on having center channel. The best I could find was the JVC kd avx77. It has the analog outs and dual zone capability. I'm going to get a w710 in the sealed enclosure. I'm either going to get th JL HD900/5 for the rear four speakers and sub, and maybe run the door speakers off the headunit, or get a seperate amp for the front speakers. Then i was thinking I could use a six channel amp for all six speakers, and get a seperate mono amp for the sub. If I did that I would probably go bigger on he sub amp. Any good advice???? One More thing. I'm putting a 120V lcd tv where the old one was. Ditching the vcr, and of course get a power inverter. Here is what I want to do. I want to be able to have a movie playing in back with dolby pro logic playing out of the rear four speakers. In front I want to be able to listen to a seperate source while the movie is playing. The jvckdavx77 has dual zone but is only four channels. I'm a little confused on how to output signal to the front speakers. I'm assuming I can put a splitter on the front lr channel. So the front four speakers would be your front channel, but how would I seperate the front speakers when playin a movie. Can anyone lead me in the right direction??