Subwoofer Wiring

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by VWDiesel, Feb 28, 2009.

1. VWDiesel

VWDiesel Full Member

[​IMG]

So that's how my subwoofer is wired (Positive and Negative)... And then it's in the left hand positive and left hand negative on the amp. (+)+(-)-

Is that right?

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

you have the 250/1 right like in your sig? then yes. its correct.

3. VWDiesel

VWDiesel Full Member

Nice. Now I was at the stereo store the other day and they said I should be cranking the Sub-woofer Level on the Head unit and keeping my "gains" as low as possible. I don't have anything specifically labeled gains. I have Bass Boost and Decibel Filter or something.

I was told on this forum to keep the head unit at zero and rely on the amps. It confuses the **** out of me still.

Which is right?

And my sig lists my equipment, correct.

4. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

so they're asking you to clip the signal before it even gets to the amp? ha..haha

5. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

ya, those guys are retarted, turn the headunit to 0 and rely on the level/gain on the amp.

6. VWDiesel

VWDiesel Full Member

Yeah I was pretty surprised when he said that...

The other audio store in town told me to solder me speaker wires to my speakers. Then the one who told me about my head unit told me that would **** up my speakers...:rolleyes:

It was ridiculous. Apparently these guys don't know anything... Very Strange.

7. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

u got x series components?

8. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

if you dont have push terminals then you can attach the wires any way you want to. just dont let solder drip onto the cone or surround.

9. VWDiesel

VWDiesel Full Member

Yep X series components. Picked up my entire system minus the HU all together on craigslist brand new in boxes for 500 bucks.

Sorry I can't help but brag when I get the chance. hahaha.

10. bigcam

bigcam Full Member

may i ask witch audio store told you that?

11. VWDiesel

VWDiesel Full Member

Sound Effects in Auburn, ME