Subs

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by inconceivable30, Mar 9, 2004.

1. inconceivable30

inconceivable30 New Member

I have a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 with regular cab and i am looking to put some subs in it. I was wondering if it is possible to fit 12" subs in it because there is not a lot of space behind the seats. I was looking at 10" subs and the Rockford Fosgate 10" HX2's looked like a pretty good bang for your buck. i did a search on this website for them but no results turned up. Are the HX2's any good?
    thanks for any help

2. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Welcome to CAT!
    Why don't you make a quick post in our "new members" forum? B)
    lol.. with a user name like that, all I'm going to be thinking of every time I see you post is the movie "The Princess Bride" :lol:

sorry..

Anyway, with regard to your question... you've got a regular cab truck.. you likly CAN fit a "regular" sub in there, because it's a full size truck.

BUT...
    I'd suggest checking out the Blaupunkt Overdrive subs.
    I got to hold them, play with them, and hear them long before they were released - officially at CES 2004.
    You can see them here:
    http://www.betteraudio.com/geolemon/DLC

It just doesn't get any "lower profile" than that.. the mounting depth is all of how long a AA battery is long. B)

Oh.. and they sound very good, we were all very impressed, and it generally takes quite a bit to impress that crowd! ;)

3. inconceivable30

inconceivable30 New Member

hey thanks for the warm welcome...ya princess bride is a great movie
    so i can fight 12" subs in my truck? by regular cab i meant not extended or any thing...i think its called club cab sorry about that. behind the seats it only goes about 13" deap till it hits the wall...ill have to check out the Blaupunkt Overdrive subs. thanks for the suggestions!