sub question

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by DACNinja, May 19, 2011.

1. DACNinja

DACNinja New Member

Well all I wanted to do was ask a question with regards to system break in/burn in so I will fire away here on this post...

Basically I have subwoofer system consisting of: Sony Xplod head unit, two vibe blackair door speakers and tweeters (360w max/ 120w rms), vibe space 2x12" ported subwoofer enclosure (6000w max/ 2000w rms), two blackair amps (one amp for each sub speaker) and a delta splitter signal box.

What I wanted to know is not whether system break in exists or not because I know for fact it does to some extent, but what the best way to break in the system was (vibe recommends 30 hours at low/mid volume at mid bass and then graudally build from there).

I left it on my drive playing at very low volume 5 (max volume on head unit is 34) for about 8 hours continuously on repeat. I heard that to get any sort of productive burn in you have to play at at least mid volume because it wont work the speakers at all at such low volumes otherwise. However when i checked after 8 hours of playback on low volume my speakers were slightly warmed up and i could see the subs vibrating a lil so surely they must be working a tad bit right?

I do drive round normally with volume 20 or so to break them in but if im not driving and i dont want my neighbours to hear it playing on the drive I play it low volume with windows wound up. I want to know if this will still help with the break in process or will it only work when playing at mid volumes?

Thanks guys, any help with this or how to get the most out of my system in general would be much appreciated! =D

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i moved your post for you.

it may not get the traffic you wanted in the older thread.

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

you could have also played them inside on a loop for a whole day/night at low vol also.

keep doing your mid vol drive around town. it helps.