Sub In A Single Cab Dodge Ram

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Fresno_BullDog, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Fresno_BullDog

Fresno_BullDog New Member

Hi i need to know what kind of box should i put behind my truck seats.My Beachseat is 40/20/40.IS there a sub such a 10" or a 12" perform very well in my single cab.And also want kind of brand of amp and how many watts would i need.

2. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

how much room do you have b/t the back wall and the seat?
    youll probably need to go with a sealed sub, b/c they boxes are smaller
    as far as what brand, it all depends on how much money you want to spend
    and as far as watts, it depends on how loud you want it
    -Cody

3. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

You could install something behind the seat, you'll want something with a very shallow mounting depth.
    I started this thread on CAF regarding some subwoofers that have unprecidented mounting depth (about as deep as an AA battery is tall! :blink: ) that also have superior performance.
    The Blaupunkt Overdrives are supposed to hit the streets at only around $200.

But you have other alternatives.
    With my regular cab Nissan, I ditched the factory bench seat, and installed two bucket seats from a Toyota MR2. I then built a center console that looked like a factory padded armrest, that was a sealed enclosure for a single 10W0, firing down at the hump, right behind the shifter.
    This made for great "bass up front" as well.

In a regular cab truck, the interior is so small, you don't need much (due to the bigger bass boost that "cabin gain" gives you in smaller interiors) as far as big subwoofers goes, to get huge bass. A ten can get you as loud as a 15" would get you in a big SUV even. ;)

4. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

One of my favorite all time installs...very classy looking. (Runs over to put on flak jacket...). It has 2 ED 12O's installed in a not so easy to construct enclosure:

Dodge Ram single cab setup

Of course, if ya' don't like ED products, just go to their site, look up the subs dimensions, and seek out other comparably sized 12's or 10's. IDQ's are usually the first recommendations given. A pair of nice 8's from RE, TB, ED, or even JL would work nice, too. Depends on how much time and money you want to invest.

:)

Edit: I'm going to try to paste some photos in this reply. First time here...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

You mean "flak jacket"? :D

6. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

Geo, I think you have lost your mind.

*stuffs final pancake into mouth* :unsure:

7. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

Hey fresno bullDog i live in fresno and i work at superior sound we are on blackstone and minerets next door to toledo's mexican resturant toward river park. Ask anyone on the board they will tell you im cool or atleast and allright guy but stop by the shop some time. I can personally help you out since you from CAT

Scott Stoner

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I wouldn't go so far as cool... or alright even :p

If Stoner is near you, you would be well advised to stop by and BS with him. Scotty will lead you down the right path ;)