Stereo Install

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Angels99, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Angels99

Angels99 New Member

Hey everyone I just bought a 99 Mustang and am having a hard time getting my Aiwa installed I went down to Best Buy and got the connectors that will work the built in amp with my stereo. We got everything to fit in but no sound out of the speakers........any ideas......I'm at a lost and my husband is done and <_< frustrated with it. I really don't want to have to pay someone to do this..........

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Does it have a Factory amp (premium Sound System)?

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

My thoughts exactly...

Factory premium sound will have a factory amp in the car. The HU will not function properly with it. For some vehicles, there are kits made so you can install the aftermarket HU. However, in others all you can do is run new wires and new speakers :(

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

5. Angels99

Angels99 New Member

Again it has a built in amp.........and I got the plugs that go with the built in amp and my head unit and according to everyone all he has to do is match up the colored wires with what's on my stereo and it should work but still no sound out of the speakers...........

6. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

and that is the problem, Premium Sound systems are a pain in the ass, and get worse every single year.........

Few qeustions, and dont get irritated by them, like you did with the amp question, I missed where you posted it in the your first post, and Seth (sandt38) must have as well,

1> Most ford have TWO differant harness SETS (4 Harneses total) if you dont get the right one it will not work

You should be using the BLACK harness that has a DOUBLE row of 4 Wires, 4 on top and 4 on bottom, if it just has a single row of 8 wires then this is the wrong harness...

now this is where it get tricky

ok, I had to go look at the pictures i could not remeber off hand :lol:

I think I found a Easy way to do this

this should be the Harness you have installed
    [​IMG]

see the Light Blue wire?? That is the amps remote turn on wire, for the factory amp, My suggestion is to get a DMM or a "MM" (Digital Multi Meter) or (Multi Meter) and then turn the Key to "on" in the car and see if this wire has 12 or so Volts to it, if not chances are your Factory amp is not comming on,

7. Angels99

Angels99 New Member

No that's ok, yeah that looks like the harness's I've got. ok I will have my husband check that first. Then we can go from there thanks guys. I'll let you know.

8. NaStYsTaNg05

NaStYsTaNg05 Full Member

I also have a 99 and I am trying to put in a jensen. I have that same wiring harness shown. The HU comes on but no sound. I have twelve volts coming out of the wire. what do I do now.

9. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member