Stay Away from KnuKonceptz.com !!!!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by WillHavoc, Apr 1, 2010.

1. WillHavoc

WillHavoc New Member

I purchased a couple distribution centers for a boat stereo install and during the install realized we didn't need them. KnuKonceptz.com is charging me a %10 restocking fee even though the packages aren't even open. :mad: I would find another vendor that doesn't charge the restocking fee! Save yourself the hassle of losing %10 of your money while they make more money off of the resold product! :ban:

I would rather pay more and know that I will get a FULL refund from somewhere like Crutchfield than pay less and get hit with a restocking fee if I don't use the product. KNUKONCEPTZ sucks! :puke:

2. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

The products they sell are good quality and innovative. Maybe you should read the return policy BEFORE you buy or know what you are ordering. Think about what happens when someone returns a product, someone has to open, examine, reload that product back into the computer for inventory purposes. take it back to the warehouse and put it in the proper place. Do that on 100 products. These people need a paycheck and without the 10% fee to restock they would have to increase the prices on their products and that would effect everyone. As for Crutchfield their prices are usually higher than most other places but hey you dont have to pay restocking fees.

3. WillHavoc

WillHavoc New Member

I wasn't planning on returning, dummy. If I was then I would have read their policy. No, I don't want to think what happens when I return something. I'm not a store owner nor do I care. I am a consumer that only cares for my bottom line. Plain and simple. I as well as most other consumers don't like to get hit with any kind of restocking fee, especially if the packaging isn't opened or destroyed. I understand if they have to repackage it if it's been opened, but if not then there's no real reason to charge me a restocking fee. There is nothing to review except take the items out of the box and re shelve them. There are other manufacturers that do the same thing and next time I'll look for another internet company that doesn't incur a restocking fee. I was just warning others so they know if they deal with these people they'll get hit with a restocking fee!

4. MTX4Life

MTX4Life Full Member

Most people read the return policy. Cause noone buys with intentions to return, but in case it happens, (like with you) restocking fees are no big shock. fstrfvo was right, most companies do charge restocking fee because of the process it takes for them to get it back into their system, unless you buy from Crutchfield were they won't charge restocking, but they charge a decent markup on everything. So before bashing, please do a lil research. This sounds like alot of irritation that could've been avoided by simply reading the policy.

5. WillHavoc

WillHavoc New Member

Well, I had a friend, who was doing the install, find what he needed and I gave him the credit card. Again, I didn't anticipate returning the items. It's all part of customer service and I'm just expressing my frustration and disappointment.

6. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Why are you calling me a dummy, im just explaining why companies charge a restocking fee, it takes a lot more than just taking something and putting it on a shelf somewhere.

7. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i wont tolerate name calling here. i understand your frustration tho, as no one wants to pay for restocking. it sucks.

instead of returning it, see if you can sell it locally to a friend or craigslist it.

8. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

If your friend ordered it, make him pay for it. Or, look at it as your fault for just giving someone your credit card. Look at it as a learning experience. Dont flame a company because they gotta make money somehow. They make a good product so why not buy from em. Its not their fault you, r your friend, ordered something you didnt need.