Sound-foundations/adire Brahma

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by PolkMM, Oct 25, 2004.

1. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

Well, after 3 months of waiting the brahmas are finally in my truck. I had a few problems getting them in there. I took my old Polk/MOMO 12s out of the box and tried to "drop-in" the brahmas-it almost worked. The mounting depth was fine, my only problem was the angle of the wood where the sub mounts. This caused the magnet to hit the bottom of the box. So with some 3/4" MDF, I made a spacer and screwed it the box, screwed the sub in and voila-perfection. The best part about this is that I have a "built-in" magnet support because its rests on the bottom of the box. Right now they're being powered by a single Rockford Fosgate 550S(each). The subs are only getting about 580 watts each. I think one of my amps is shitting out though because it keeps cutting in and out. It only does it when I'm really working it for a while, which leads me to believe that its the amp and not wiring. That and the fact that I haven't touched the wiring for a couple months before it started cutting out(it was doing it with my old subs too). So I'll be sending it back pretty soon. Its still under warranty. The box is .88ft^3 with a lot of poly-fill. I will be building a new box when I get off for Christmas break, it will be built to ~ 1.9ft^3. But anyways, to review the subs, I think they're wonderful. They're only a little louder than my old subs, but im only putting half of what I need to be putting to them and the box they're in is half the size it needs to be. I expect a decent increase in SPL when the new box is built. As you know, this is one of the best SQ subs on the market and you can really tell. Its very accurate even when it only has half of its rated power, which is very unusual. Usually when subs only get half the power they need they don't sound that great. I expect them to really come alive when I get new amps though, both in SQ and SPL. They stretch really deep to the lower frequencies and blends fantastic with the front speakers whereas with my old subs the blend was lacking. I'm not completely sure why that is, I didn't mess with the crossover at all...maybe its just my ears and self-consciously trying to justify spending so much money on subs...lol. I bought these speakers from www.sound-foundations.us . Seth helped me out tremendously when I was messing with WinISD trying to figure out what size box I needed with the power I have going to them. Chris also helped me out a great deal as well. The only bad thing is that Adire currently has a backorder on the Brahmas, but from what I understand they are getting caught up on all their orders. But never once did Seth complain when I would email him 2-3 times a week asking if he had any word on when they'll come in...lol. But if you're ever looking for an Adire product, look no further than sound-foundations. I have nothing but positive things to say about the way he handles his business and he always replied to my emails the next day. I'm going to get some black duct tape to help cover the MDF spacer up until I start building a new box in December.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    im sending that amp back pretty quick...it keeps cutting out after extended periods of use
    that or i can wire it to 1 ohm and have a few minutes of my brahma getting ~800 watts of power...lol
    heres my sounddomain link to see the rest of my pictures
    http://www.sounddomain.com/id/sntnpirate1316
    -Cody

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Thanks for the kind words Cody... I told you they would blow your mind... wait till you get them set up right man... you'll love them even more. B)

3. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

4. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

excursion video!!!
    http://home.comcast.net/~x6369x/vids/excursion.wmv
    tell me what ya think
    i know what i think...i need at least 500 more watts....
    the frame never freezes...the sub is moving so fast it doesnt pick it up...
    also, if you look at the shadow of net you can see it vibrating...its hard to tell but in real life its pretty visible
    -Cody