sound deadener

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by chemop2, Aug 19, 2007.

1. chemop2

chemop2 Full Member

has anyone ever used or heard of sound destroyer before. i found it on ebay its a 115 bucks shipped for 100 sq.ft. looking for somthing decent without killin my wallet.

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

3. chemop2

chemop2 Full Member

yeah i have heard eDead is great stuff and thats what i originally wanted but its on backorder. I will have a long weekend coming up and want to get started as soon as possible. just looking for an alternative.

4. DMP

DMP Full Member

Fatmat and B-Quiet are also good, but cheap.

5. krpaudio

krpaudio New Member

I havent heard of these other brands....but I know dynamat does its job. ( Some rattles u just cannot get rid of though ) Only complaint is the 'name brand' tax.

6. FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340 New Member

I'm using FatMat in my `68 Barracuda as a sound and heat insulator to keep the exhaust noise and heat OUT of the interior cabin. I bought 100 sq. ft. on e-Bay for about $120 shipped to my door.
    [​IMG]
    Obviously, I'm still putting the car together.:D

7. cool9

cool9 Full Member

I bought I think 60 sq ft for $50 from ebay. I covered my doors and my back panels and I have plenty left. Good stuff and easy to use. I think it's only 2-3 mils thinner than Second Skin or Fatmat but does a great job.

8. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I just bought two rolls of Peel N Seal from Lowe's the other day.

This week when I have some time I'll do the doors and maybe the rear hatch...I'll make a thread

9. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i'm lazy.whats that go for.?

10. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

for a roll that is 6" x 25' its like 14 bucks now. Couple layers should be sufficient for the doors...I'ma do from the c pillar back when i have more time...

6"x25' Roll Self-Stick Aluminum Faced

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007