Sound dampening

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Honest Bob, Nov 2, 2002.

1. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

I was looking around for 0 guage pricing when I stumbled across this at parts express.

Sound Dampening

At $17.90 a roll its pretty damn cheap. I am thinking of sound deadening my new car. Would it take more than one layer to effectivly deadedn the car?

2. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

very nice!
    Would this be enough to thoroughly deaden a trunk?

3. ASM

ASM Full Member

It's only 12 ft^2. That would not be enough to properly do a trunk.

4. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

looks alright..... asphaulted deadening is not quite as effective as its constrained layer counter parts(ie. dynamat), but for that price its a steal. It would do great, but i would order a couple If I was you.

5. ASM

ASM Full Member

B-quiet has some really good products (especially brown bread). The new raammat60 v2 ( www.raamaudio.com ) is very good, IMO. Look around and you can find a $20 discount for it. I would chose brown bread over raammat if you have the money, but it costs about twice as much.

6. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

B-quiet has some really good products (especially brown bread). The new raammat60 v2 ( www.raamaudio.com ) is very good, IMO. Look around and you can find a $20 discount for it. I would chose brown bread over raammat if you have the money, but it costs about twice as much.[/b][/quote]
    I use their extreem for roof and trunklid applications, and it works great. Ask anyone who has been both inside and out of my car, and they will attest... It is good shit.