Sound Dampener info

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by fugyaself, Jan 24, 2005.

1. fugyaself

fugyaself Full Member

Transfer from SiN. Posted by Mr. Nobody

Interesting stuff. Was also mentioned by others that FatMat/edead is rumored to be the same as Peel N Seal. Spacemonkey I know you are in the industry and you tested a bunch of material back in the day on CAF(still waiting on presentable results ;)) . Any comments?

Source: http://forum.soundillusions.net/showthread...90&page=1&pp=40

2. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

I don't visit SiN ever (for personal reasons), but I'd certainly question the validity of this "information".

Industry insider or not (hell... so am I!)... it would be damn near impossible to legitimately gather all this information - not even necessarily it being closely guarded industrial secrets (though you certainly could expect some of that!) - but simply information that many inside the company don't know, aren't privvy to, isn't relevant to their position, or just don't care.

And I really like the comments like "some is made here, some isn't" :rolleyes:

And the blanket statements, after all this lip-flapping about this "inside information" (that is totally unsubstantiated), like "butyl is best"...
    ...for what? :rolleyes:

Christ, I didn't even click that link, but I'm betting that this guy is getting his ass handed to him.

Of course, the part of me that tells me to stay far away from SiN is on my other shoulder in a devil suit, chuckling in my ear "they are probably eating it right up..." :guntoheadsmiley:

:rolleyes:

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I am having CAF "buildhouse" dejvue.

Remember abould ohh 3 years ago when everyone on CAF was wanting to know Who made whom's speakers..........

even if, and I stretch if, this guy knows the buildhouses, that does not mean they are the same product...

that is like saying the XXX and the Brahma are the EXACT SAME PRODUCT because they both come out of Dejsti ........

4. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

I know for a fact that some of this info is incorrect. Brown Bread is definately not the same material as edead or Raamatt, being that I tested all three and each was quite different in may catigories (including melting point which is an intrinsic property). There are other problems with that list as well.... but Im not going to go into detail about which company uses what.

It is very true that many deadener companies use the exact same product

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I am sure it is, Just like many of the Crap Car Audio Companies use Stock OEM designs and Rebadge them, but they are just that CRAP........ :eek:

6. The_spacemonkey

My favorite thing is when you know that two companies use the exact same product with different names and you see people on forums argueing over which is better, or someone giving their "expert advise" on why to choose one over the other :p

7. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

what do you think the best liquid and mat deadener is spacemonkey?
    -Cody

8. The_spacemonkey

To tell you the truth, I havent had any experience with anything but the second skin as far as liquid goes(which is quite good)...... now for the mat, a year ago when I did my tests, brown bread came out way ahead(adhesion, high temp resistance, low temp resistance, ALF, absorbtion, damping coefficient). But right now(though I havent tried any newer versiobns of edead or some of the others) second skin is looking pretty good.

9. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

thanks Chris. did you ever get a hold of a batcap? i was searching through some forums about them and you had mentioned that you were thinking about getting one. I'm interested in what they can do. later this year ill be running a true 3600 rms(usamps de-3000 and either a usa-1000x or a usa-600x) and was interested in possibly using a batcap along with a HO alternator and dual batteries.

on a side note, ED, more specifically, ben can go to hell for all i care
    -Cody

10. geolemon

geolemon Full Member