Sony Xplod

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by agrimm34, Feb 7, 2010.

1. agrimm34

agrimm34 Full Member

I did a install in december on my 97 Buick Riviera. I chose to install Xplod products. Everything is Xplod. I have a Xplod 45x4 h/u. 5.25 for highs with 6x9's as mid/highs. 2 15" Xplod 4 ohm subs. Sealed enclosure. 2 Xplod 4 Ch amps bridged at 300 rms to each sub. 6 Gauge wire. And I run a stable 14.6-13.6 volts the whole time. Ive seen numerous times people saying Xplod is horrible and awful quality. I don't understand why. I've never had any problems with any of their stuff. Im just looking for some con's people have had with them to clear up my opinion? Anyone agree with me that Xplod is ok? I know its not Fi or Rockford, or Ascendent Audio. But I think it's fine stuff.

2. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

If your happy with it thats all that matters. I have not owned a Sony car product so i cant chime in on this one.

3. agrimm34

agrimm34 Full Member

I'm just trying to find some proof why they arent good. I'm not comparing them to Rockford or something highly rated but I've compared my setup to Kicker, MTX, Rockford, and for the price, the comparison is right there with it in my opinoin

4. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

I havent used it ever, but I know it aint that bad. I heard their subs can get loud in a good box, just as any other sub can. it aint the best, and i aint raggin on ure stuff, but there are better things you can get for the money. I did a build for a friend with 2 $30 hifonics subs and it blew all sony sytems i have heard out of the water but they were in a good box.

But, if you are happy with it, thats all that matters.

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

which model xplode are you referring to? the red cone models? those are the ones ive heard and dont like. they sounded tinny to me. i didnt like the tweeter thing they used.

i also dont like the looks of the red amps they have/had.

give me some of their older amps, the XM models. those were sexy looking.

6. agrimm34

agrimm34 Full Member

The XM-ZR604 is the amp I have. I have 2 of those. The XS-L156P5 Woofers is the ones I have. 2 of those also. Yea I've heard those older red cone models and I wasnt impressed either. I'd like to either build me a ported/vented enclosure or have someone build me one but my knowledge into enclsoure building is pretty much nothing lol.

7. Fearless

Fearless New Member

8. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

i have a 1200watt sony explode amp 2 channel
    its hooked up 2 15 inch kicker comp vrs 500 watt rms
    my gain on my amp is only 1/4 of the way up and it and it is not bridged.
    it really does pound when i turn it up.
    i have 5 1/4 4 ways in my fronts 4 way speakers in my front.
    and 6 1/2s in my back. they sound good if you have subs running in my car but if its just the speakers doesnt have any bass at all but with the 2 together sound great. i had a low budget and they got the job done.
    over all sony isnt the best but it isnt terrible i think there amps are def the best type of product that they sell.

9. agrimm34

agrimm34 Full Member

i bet that slams good, like i said I've been slamming my subs and amps since december and havent had 1 problem. been slamming my 5.25's and 6x9's for 2 years and they still sound great.

10. siccrownvic

siccrownvic Full Member

I had a pair of sony subs, hooked up to my rockford amp and it blew both subs.

Maybe because you have sony throughout it is better but its just a theory.