Some Pics Of The Porsche

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Steven Kephart, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

I'm not done yet, but I got ahold of a digital camera today and thought I would share some pics of my progress thus far. Here they are:

[​IMG]

Here's the fiberglass dust covered car. That's a brand new tire. But the people who put it on didn't do a good job, and now it has a slow leak.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The gas tank is right below the amp rack, so I glued in a large piece of wood to mount the amps to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That last picture is the amp cover. There is still some body work to do on the enclosures, then they will be covered in vinyl to match the seats. As you can see, the front of the enclosures have the same shape as the seats, which then stretch back from there.

I will have a lot of pics up in the future which will include a tutorial on how I built it.

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio

2. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

Looks good! How do you glue the board to the floor of the car? What do you use?

3. Steven Kephart

Thanks Hobbes. I actually used construction adhesive.

One more picture:

[​IMG]

This one shows a little better how the enclosure's shape matches the seat design.

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio

4. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

looks like its going to be one sweet install...cant wait to see the finished product
    i want a porsche...
    -Cody

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

so when are you driving my car to me??? ;)

6. texcon

texcon Full Member

Wow, that looks very cool. It's interesting to see it in its "raw" form. Plus, they are using PG Ti amps! (I am using one too). So I guess I am cool...or maybe not.

7. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

Are you doing this on company time? Is Adire going to become a car audio install shop now? I notice that it's in the warehouse... lol

Maybe Adire will start to cover all facets of audio installs - car, home, theatre, stadium, etc...

8. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

in His orginal Post about the Car he said the owner of it was Dan's Friend...

Remember, it is not what you know, but WHO you know :p ;)

9. Steven Kephart

Yeah, this is a weekend project. I just get to use the shop to do it in. It's really nice because when I'm waiting for the resin to cure, I just head upstairs and watch part of a movie on the nice home theater. B)

But yes, I've been doing a lot of installing at the shop. If it is for shop vehicles (limo, Dan's truck, Gracie), then I do it during work hours. But I can do other installs on my free time if I want. I've done one head unit, and almost got to do a head unit for Dan's partners niece (She's an extremely hot blonde that works as a Mercedes mechanic oddly enough).

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio

10. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Remember

"dont mess with the boss's daughter"

I am sure that holds true for Nieces :p

11. Steven Kephart

Thanks Mike, but definitely not my type. Sure she's gorgeous, but I'm not into the "mouth of a sailor" and tatoos. Just not my thing. You see, I'm more of a Natalie Portman kind of guy than a Rene Zelweiger.

BTW, she's the mechanic that's building one of those Porsche's for racing. Maybe I can talk her into modeling by the car next time she's in.

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio

12. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

dont have to date them, to nail them ;) :p

13. fugyaself

fugyaself Full Member

Wanna make up your mind Mikey. Either he should or he shouldnt. There should be no talk of it if he shouldnt.

Looking good so far. I love working with fiberglass. Just wish I had a garage to do it in now.

14. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

have you not been here long enough yet to know that my mind is never "made up" ;)

15. fugyaself

fugyaself Full Member

Guess not. Too used to you sticking your ground and not budging ;)

16. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

The site getting a face lift every couple months should be enough to know Mikes mind is never made up. :)

17. Steven Kephart

Well I got a quick shot off of her today to prove that she's hot. But unfortunately "fast" also means blurred in camera terms. But at least you guys can sorta get an idea of what I mean:

[​IMG]

You don't see many mechanics that look like that, do you? :jawdrop:

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio

18. Steven Kephart

Well I finally got one of the rolls of film developed. I put the pics up on my webpage, and provided a comentary on how I built the enclosure. I will try to get the rest of the pictures up at a later date. Here's the link.

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio