Size matters

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Steven Kephart, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Well I took some comparison pictures of my Koda mids, my a/d/s/ mids from my 336is.2 component set, and a ID CX64 mid I grabbed from work. Here they are:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I thought some of you would be interested in seeing them.

Also, I just updated my web page, so if you are interested, check it out.

2. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Hmm...those red X's are sweet lookin...

I'd like to see a pic of the Koda next to the Vifa PL...i bet they'd be close in size.

3. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

which set sounds best?

4. Steven Kephart

Believe it or not, I haven't heard the ID speakers yet.

It is a tough call between the Koda's and a/d/s/ speakers. They are sooooo close in sound. There is a slight difference in that the a/d/s/ speakers seem to roll off a little early up high, while the Koda's don't. But the Koda's spank the a/d/s/ mid in low frequency extention. Although add to it that the Koda's retail for $360 while the a/d/s/ speakers retail for $650 and I probably don't need to tell you which one I think is better. B) The Koda's have a couple quirks on the install part, but for the price and sonic purity it is well worth the slight hassle.

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

If cort calls me, I'll yank my Kodas out, bring my camera to work and we can do a comparison pic or two. Actually, I want to see these big bastards... Cort says they are monsters.

6. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

If cort calls me, I'll yank my Kodas out, bring my camera to work and we can do a comparison pic or two. Actually, I want to see these big bastards... Cort says they are monsters. [/b][/quote]
    It'll be a couple days, but i'd definately like to see a comparison.

7. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

They are monsters...i didn't realize the ID mid was that big either. I bet the PL's are deeper than the Kodas.

8. Steven Kephart

That's kinda why I posted the pictures. Although the Koda's are big, they still are small packages compared to some other mids. But you get such awesome (dare I say better?) performance in that smaller package.

The DD mids are larger than the Koda's as well.