Signal Interference

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by 6.5ldiesel, Jan 29, 2011.

1. 6.5ldiesel

6.5ldiesel Full Member

To start out Ill name my equipment. Front stage: Image Dynamics ctx65s powered by a RF P400-4, 2 12W7's powered by a RF t2001BD, the HU is a Pioneer 5200DVD that is bypassed with a relay on parking wire. My RCA cables are from XXX and Audiopipe. 8 gauge tsunami pos/ground on the P400 and 0 gauge on the T2001BD.

I am having noise in all my speakers and sub when the song switches on ipod, radio, CD or SD card. I put on the digital silence track, same thing. I pulled out the RCA's on both amps and the noise stopped so the problem is the RCA's or the HU correct? note this noise is NOT alt whine and is a low hum but the subs, mids and tweeters do it (weird)

I know that the amp are not the problem (by unplugging the RCA's) so whats the next step?

I never had noise issues in other vehicles

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

The first thing I would do is isolate the ground at the radio and run the ground wire from the radio to the same locale as the amps...This will eliminate any ground loops. 14-16 ga wire will be adequate. Also turn down the amp gains and see if this helps.